30 | C H A N G E

After Damon had told Aria what had happened with Mr Saltzman, she hung up the phone without replying to the vampire

After Damon had told Aria what had happened with Mr Saltzman, she hung up the phone without replying to the vampire. Ignoring the look Stefan was giving her and walked straight out of the Grill. Leading her to where she was now, The Salvatore house. Not bothering to knock on the door she marches straight through the entrance.

"When I said don't do anything stupid, killing Alaric is very high on the stupid rating," Aria states putting her hands on her hips and staring at Damon.

"Ria, if you genuinely thought I wouldn't do anything stupid, then something is terribly wrong with you," Damon smirks causing Aria to roll her eyes at the man.

"Of course, I knew you were going to do something, remember I can tell when you are lying," Aria says walking into the living room.

Damon raises an eyebrow "Then why are you surprised."

"Because I thought you would go on a killing spree. Not murder a teacher at my high school who is somehow still alive."

The Vampire puts his hands up in defense "Hey! He came here. not my fault."

"Right." Aria scoffs "So he knows what you are. That's great."

Damon goes to answer when there's the doorbell rings, vamp speeding to the door he opens to see Anna and her mother standing outside. Aria grins looking towards Damon's bar filled with alcohol. Thinking that he wouldn't notice, too busy with who was at the door. She slowly goes towards the bar and gently pours herself a whisky into a glass.

"Get off my whisky! Little witch." Damon's voice causes Aria to jump to shock, within seconds Damon had the bottle and glass of whisky in his hands.

"No fun." Aria pouts "Who was at the door." she turns around and a glare appears on her face.

"You have some balls coming here," Aria adds narrowing her eyes at Anna.

Pearl, Anna's mother sighs "We just came here to talk."

"So, talk." Damon and Aria say at the same time, making them look at each other and smirk.

"We've taken up residence at a farmhouse outside of town. It'll suffice for now." Pearl explains sitting down on the corner chair.

"All twenty-five vampires?" Damon questions still unsure of her behaviour.

Peal shakes her head "Not all, some. I imagine that a few have already left town. Others are probably still in the woods, or like us acclimating."

Aria furrows her eyebrows "How did they get out of the tomb." She had thought the spell Grams had done had a time limit.

"I think the witch screwed up that part of her hocus-pocus," Anna speaks up.

"Oh"

"I understand from Anna that the founding families still have a secret council?" Peal questions "And you're a part of it."

Aria snorts "That's ridiculous."

"I've been in Mystic Falls since the comet. I'm up to speed." Anna bitterly states.

Damon could see Aria clenching her hands and knew when she became angry her control slips. He didn't want her passing out again either, he hated the panic he felt seeing her like that. With that memory fresh in his mind, he grabs her hand and rubs his thumb over her knuckles. Even if he didn't want to admit it, Aria was the most important person in his life. When he was human, he had always wanted a little sister and now he did.

Aria started to relax as Damon's comfort, it reminder her of Jeremy and was grateful for them both.

"Was using my brother part of the plan too." Aria spits out at Anna who didn't respond and looked down at her feet.

"Now that you've infiltrated the council, I need to know everything starting with a list of the members and their families." Peal calmly says making Aria's inside burn in fury and anger.

"And everyone you've supplied with Vervain." Anna adds.

Peal nods her head "Yes, that will have to stop immediately."

At Pearl's comment, Aria couldn't handle the electrical bolts pumping through her body, something inside her didn't like how this woman was practically ordering her to do something.

That wasn't the way things should be.

"Who do you think you are." Aria blurts out "You have been out of the tomb for five minutes and already demanding for Damon to do something. Yeah. No. not going to happen." Damon's unbothered facial expression cracked a little, he couldn't help it. Aria had defended him which was something he was still getting used to.

"Mystic Falls is our home" Pearl declares.

Aria laughs "That's where you are wrong, this town was your home once sure, but things have changed. You don't get to come here and decide how things are going to be."

Pearl turns to her daughter "Are you sure, this isn't the doppelganger? She has Katherine's attitude"

Anna shakes her head "No, Katherine's descendent is more of a whining Brat."

Damon bursts out laughing "That's probably the only thing I would agree with you on."

Aria tilts her head to the side "If Katherine hadn't been such a bitch to Damon, I feel like me and her would have gotten along very well."

Damon's eyes widen "Now that's a scary thought."

Pearl clears her throat "As a reward, I'm willing to give you what you want the most."

"I don't even want..."

"Katherine."

"Liar." Aria rolls her eyes at the woman.

"You wouldn't even know where she was." Damon adds.

"Katherine and I were best friends, long before we came to mystic falls. I know her patterns, I know where to find her." Pearl states.

Damon shakes his head "Don't care. No deal."

Pearl stands up "Finding Katherine was just a mere gesture of kindness. The rest is non-negotiable." She uses her vamp speeds towards Damon and plunges her thumbs into his eyes.

As soon as Aria saw was Pearl had done, she flicked her wrist causing the women to fly against the bookshelves. Turning to Anna, Aria innocently smiles at her, within a blink the younger vampire was groaning in pain on the floor holding onto her head.

"I had been waiting for this." Aria states "I don't understand why I have to kept repeating myself ." She sighs.

"I'm not a horrible person, but I guess you won't learn until I show you how mean I can be." Aria glares at Anna.

"First, you used my brother then you used and lied to Damon to get your mom out of the tomb, and still have the audacity to come here to order him around." Aria looks at Damon and breathes in relief that his eyes have healed and he was alright.

"Things are different now. You don't get to make the decisions anymore." Aria concludes.

"Either accept that or leave Mystic Falls"

——————-

Sorry for no updates, been so busy with uni work .
Will defo try and get a few more chapters out this week <3