16 | S L E E P

Death

Death.

Shadows.

Vampires.

Magic.

Jeremy.

Vicky.

Aria's mind wouldn't shut off. As soon as there's silence, another thought is added to her chaotic head. It was so frustrating. Sometimes she wished she could use her abilities onto herself to quiet the noise. Not just the noise either, everyone's emotions were so overwhelming and raw that it was difficult for Aria to know which ones were her own.

A few days had gone by since the situation with Vicky. The end result was her nearly killing Jeremy at the high school Halloween party. Damon had simply stated he would kill her which Aria was never going to let happen. After arguing with each other and an agreement on ice cream Damon finally said that he wouldn't kill her but that she had to leave town to get control of her blood thirst. With the council knowing that vampires were back in mystic falls they had to be careful.

Elena who had no idea about the agreement Damon and Aria had made asked Stefan to compel the twins not wanting them to be involved in the supernatural. Causing Damon to actually laugh thinking she was joking but seeing her face he realised that she was being serious.

Damon was in disbelief of how obvious Elena had been to not even notice that Aria was part of the supernatural. They didn't know what she was but for guesses would lead them to believe she was some type of witch with empathic abilities too.

The only thing confusing Damon was how Jeremy had no abilities since they they were twins how did Aria activate her magic and not him? He did have an idea but his bond with Aria was still fresh and he didn't want to make assumptions until he knew for certain.

Aria was furious when Stefan had tried to compel her and Jeremy and was glad to know the plant she had found at the Salvatore house and made Jeremy have in his tea had actually worked and he was now protected against vampires.

"Rise and Shine Sleepyhead"

Damon sings walking into the guest bedroom of his home. Aria was too tired to go home and be asked questions by Jenna or Elena so she stayed over to try and have a few hours of sleep. She had already explained to Jeremy what happened and stayed on the phone with him knowing he was upset that his crush had to leave.

Aria ignored him and pulled up the cover over her head wanting to stay in the comfy bed forever. However, within seconds Damon had jumped onto the bed and fallen on top of her.

Without opening her eyes Aria groans trying to pull him off of her "Urghhh you're crushing me"

Damon raised an eyebrow "I'm way too old to be crushing on you, little witch."

"You know I didn't mean it like that" Aria rolled her eyes and pushed all her anger into her hands and pushed him off her making him fly across the room, slamming against the wall.

"That was rude" Damon comments rubbing his back.

"You deserve it." Aria shrugs before turning onto her stomach "Now let me go back to sleep" Cuddling into the pillow.

"No can do grumpy" Damon shakes his head.

"and why not?" Aria rubs her eyes making herself wake up. When the bedroom door opens again, a blonde-haired girl vamp speeds up toward the bed.

"Oh, great another person and they're a vampire lovely" Aria scoffs glaring at Damon.

"Damon you better not have" The blonde girl point between Aria and Damon making them both burst out laughing.

Aria scrunches up her face "Ew. You are joking right? please tell me you didn't think....i might be sick"

Damon pouts at her disgusted look "While I do agree that was still a little Dramatic Ri. I'm not that bad."

Aria snorts "Yeah you keep telling yourself that"

The blonde girl who was now looking at the pair confused "What? When did Damon have friends? Did you compel her?"

Aria rolls her eyes at the girl standing at the bottom of the bed with her hands on her hips "More like acquaintances than friends. Don't give me that look Damon you're still a dick and he probably wishes he could compel me."

"Anyways who are you?" Aria questions raises her eyebrow.

The girl smirks at her comment about Damon "I'm Lexi. Stefan's best friend. Now, who are you?"

"Aria Gilbert. Not so great to meet you since I was so close to falling back to sleep" Aria says closing her eyes again.

"Wait. you're related to Elena?" Lexi asks tilting her head.

"Unfortunately," Aria mumbled but both vampires heard her.

"Nobody told me that she looks exactly like Kathrine" Lexi states holding up the phone of Elena's look a like.

Aria's eyes go wide "Holy shit. That's crazy" Her head snaps towards Damon her smiles sheepishly at her.

"Damon" Aria says calmly scaring Damon a little.

"Hi?" Damon waves shyly toward the witch. He knew he had to be careful. She could probably explode his brain if she wanted too.

"Something you want to tell me?"

Damon sighs and gives her a sympathetic look "Ri the only reason I didn't tell you was because you and Elena already had issues and if either one of you had known the truth im not sure what would have happened."

Lexi was very surprised at how gently and actually caring Damon was being towards the girl. She has always known him as the arrogant brother who wanted to destroy anything good in Stefan's life. Now seeing him looking actually sorry for once and showing his emotions was crazy to her.

Aria sits up against the head board giving Damon her full attention seeing his serious face is very rare so she knew that whatever he was about to say would change things. But Aria couldn't tell if it would be a good thing or a bad thing.

"What's wrong?"

Damon rubs his forehead with his hand trying to think of the best way to explain what he knew to the girl who has started to become very important to him. "I don't know the full story...Stefan is the one that does but the night of the incident Stefan was the one who pulled Elena out of the car"

"What?"

"When he saw her face, he couldn't believe how similar Kathrine and Elena looked. Stefan decided to do some digging and well he found medical reports...."

"Medical reports?"

Damon looks at the confusing look on Aria's face and sadly smiles "Are you sure you want to know?"

"Yes"

"Your mom was never pregnant, the medical reports proved it....Elena was adopted"

Aria emotions were slowly disappearing as one main feeling was growing. She knew it was coming from Damon but why would he feel guilty.

"There's something else isn't there" Aria states looking at Damon who looks down at his lap.

"the medical reports that Stefan looked through...it showed the c section she had when Jeremy was born"

"When me and Jeremy were born. Don't you mean?"

Damon shakes his head "No ria Jeremy was the only one born that day."

Lexi shakes her head "Damn and I thought Kathrine had a crazy past"

———————-

The truth is coming out......