41 | C O N F I R M

The young witch was trying to process all the information Katherine had just told her, at first, she had thought that maybe the vampire was just bullshitting with her

The young witch was trying to process all the information Katherine had just told her, at first, she had thought that maybe the vampire was just bullshitting with her. But every time Katherine spoke Aria was observing her emotions and every time, she would say Evie's name the amount of guilt that was seeping through her teeth was enough the know that she was in fact telling the truth.

"I have a question." Aria hesitantly says to the women who was claiming to have been best friends with her biological mother.

Katherine lightly chuckles "I would have been a little concerned if you didn't."

"If you had known all this time that I was alive and with the Gilbert family, why didn't you tell anyone?" Aria didn't want to jump to conclusion, but it seemed like Katherine wasn't just hiding her from the witch's coven but from Klaus too. Her biological family.

Katherine sadly sighs "Believe it or not but at one point in time Klaus was genuine nice guy."

Aria couldn't help but snort "that's seriously hard to believe."

Katherine nods her head "It was, he was still a psychotic vampire don't get me wrong, but he had his limits he knew he wasn't allowed to cross."

"Let me guess, Evie was the reason for those limits?"

Aria didn't want to seem like she was being biased but the young witch couldn't stop the hatred for the man who was supposed to be her father. If they ever did meet, would he hear her out or just kill her because of the false assumption he's pieced together.

Katherine hums in response "And you."

Aria eyes snap to the vampires "What?"

"Evie was his anchor from the start but when you were born his priority was you."

Aria furrows her eyebrows "If you had ran away before I was born how would you know that?"

Kathine leans her head against the stone wall "The council was still active when I had left, there was no proof that Evie was pregnant only the rumors. That was until the humans decided to make their own council with the founding families."

"They were scared."

"And just like that the start of the fall of the alliances began, the humans, then the witches, even the werewolves went into hiding."

Aria shakes her head "All because of the possibility Evie might have been pregnant?"

Katherine purses her lips, "Evie's bloodline was generations of witches and Klaus was a vampire, it was seen as a disgrace for both creatures to mix."

"That doesn't make sense" Aria says in confusion "A vampire is literally dead they can't reproduce. Is that why Evie used her magic?"

"Yes and no" The vampire replies.