47 | W O R T H

Silence enveloped the once-chaotic town of Mystic Falls

Silence enveloped the once-chaotic town of Mystic Falls. The wind whispered softly throughout the air as the sky stretched out in a flawless span of blue, while the woods whispered secrets of an unwelcome guest hidden among the trees.

The sound of footsteps rustling through the overgrown grass, snapping the broken, lifeless branches. Every step they took was heavy and lacked their usual elegance and posture. Their shoulders sagged forward, burdened by the weight of their emotions.

Finally reaching their destination, they come to a halt stopping their movements. As they take a moment to absorb the scene in front of them. In disappointment, the man shakes his head, carelessly throwing pieces of clothing towards the ground. Not bothering to see whether it landed in the mud or not before crossing his arms over his once sharp and refined suit. Which was now hung loosely on his frame, with wrinkles and creases staining the fabric.

Leaning against the rough-textured oak tree, he draws in a deep breath, attempting to gain control over his wandering thoughts, overwhelmed with doubts about whether he had made the right decision or not.

Realizing that his brother is awake, as he glances up to the sky, the man speaks "You've been busy." He states evenly, trying to conceal his true feelings.

The brother pauses his movement at the voice of his brother. Elijah. "That was amazing," he breathes out in awe and astonishment. Grabbing the clothes from next to him, "How long has it been?" he asks as he dresses himself.

Biting the inside of his cheek to restrain himself from lashing out at his brother, "Almost two days," he says through gritted teeth. "Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf."

The Original vampire didn't see the point in engaging in this conversation. To him this was pointless, every moment spent on anything as useless as talking to his deranged brother was time we'll wasted. Time that he could have spent doing something more helpful.

The blonde-haired brother glances at his brother "I can change at will then." He smirks "That's good to know." He states putting on his black V-neck top.

"I remember...every single kill." He continues as a smile spreads across his face as he reminisces about the memories of his actions.

"You left quite a mess," Elijah comments, nodding his head towards the trail of blood and bodies left behind him. The sight was unsettling but what did he really expect? After all, this was what his brother had always wanted. His wolf side. Now that it was activated it became evident that this was what truly mattered to him.

Power.

Klaus turned his attention toward the direction of the bodies, a frown forming on his face at the realization that his brother didn't clean up his mess. Despite their fights and disagreements, no matter what happened in the end Elijah would always have his back. Yet now it seems like his unspoken promise to stand by his side was questionable.