15 | B I T E

Night had come again, the town was quiet most families settling done for the night

Night had come again, the town was quiet most families settling done for the night. But the woods were a different story. A man with fake smiles and kindness. Well known in the town of mystic falls. The reporter for the news. Acting for the cameras was easy, acting in front of others was natural.  Maybe that's why it was so simple for him to have the Gilbert's compass in his hands. The monsters had vanished for years but the pilling of dead bodies proved they had crawled their way back.

This time they were sneakier, unsure how they were so clever with their attacks but it doesn't mean they will stay hidden Logan fell thought. Following the direction the compass was pointing was dangerous for him to do. He was practically asking for his death knowing the compass would lead him to the monsters.

Footsteps circling around him.

The compass constantly changing direction.

He knew it was close.

Suddenly the compass needle stopped changing and pointed forward. Pulling his phone out of his pocket he calls somebody who was also familiar with the past monsters. Who was also out in the woods looking for the same answers.

"Yes?" Sheriff Forbes answers.

"I think I got something. It's pointing to the old cemetery" Logan explains standing still as he speaks.

"I'm heading your way" The sheriff replies before she hangs up.

Stefan had finally found Vicky curled up behind a tree crying. He could relate to the girl and how she was feeling. He had been through the same thing when he was transitioning, the urge for blood was sickening.

"Vicky?" Stefan whispers not wanting to frighten the girl anymore.

Vicky looks towards him sniffling "I'm starting to remembers things." She states.

Rubbing her forehead "What he is, what he said. I remember you, the hospital, the rooftop. It's all coming back."

"I'm so sorry" Stefan knew that Damon had done this because of him.

"Damon had no right to do this to you" Stefan adds.

Another tear rolls down her face "He said that I need to feed. What will happen if I don't?" She questions.

Stefan swallows the lump down his throat as her question "You will fade quickly...and then it'll all just be over."

At his answer more tears stream down Vicky's face nodding her head "I'll be dead" She concludes.

Stefan couldn't verbally answer her, so he nodded his head to her statement.

"I don't want this" Vicky shakes her head

Stefan kneels down in front of her "I know I know. It will be okay, all right? you're going to be okay."

Stefa grabs her hands "I can help you"

Vicky looks down at her lap before looking back up "Is it better? Is it? better? Will I be better?" His silence proved his answer wouldn't be the one she hoped for.

"I want to go home" She cries "Will you take me home? please?"

Stefan nods his head "Okay" he whispers slowly standing up holding out his hand for her to grab.

"BANG"

Stefan freezes looking down to see blood pouring out of his chest making his fall to the ground in pain front the bullet. Vicky looks in the direction the shot came from to see Logan fell walking closer to them point a gun at Stefan who was lying on the ground.

Logan kneels downs and presses harder on the wound making Stefan groan in pain. Throwing the gun to the ground and pulling out a wooden stake from behind. Bringing him arm up in the air before lowering in down to stab him.

"NO" Vicky screams seeing what Logan was about to do. When Damon comes out of no where and bites Logan's neck pulling him away from his brother. Using his fingers to pull out the bullet from Stefan's chest. They don't notice how Vicky is focusing on Logan's body on the ground.

"It's wood." Damon states observing the bullet "They know. If anyone's going to kill you it's going to be me."

"My ring," Damon says looking down at his brother. Stefan sighs and pulls it out of his pocket giving him the jewellery.

Hearing noises behind them the vampire brothers look to see Vicky drinking from Logan's neck.

"No. No Vicky"

Vicky finishes drining and wipes her blood and looks at Stefan "I'm sorry"  before running deeper into the woods.

"Opps" Damon smirks at Stefan's defeated look.

Stefan groans still in pain "She's never going to forgive you." He mumbles trying to sit up.

Damon rolls his eyes, "Oh boohoo who cares what Elena thinks"

Stefan leans against the tree trying to catch his breath "Not her. Aria"

Damon's movement falters at the mention of the young girls name, remembering the conversation he overheard before coming here. He knew he had hurt her, they had made the deal both of them had to confess their fucked up life. He hated that she knew what he felt, he hated how quicklyhis guilt grew knowing he had used her. He hated the fact that even after what he's done to her he wanted to be near her, to see a real smile on her face, to hear her laugh, not the fake attutide or sarcasm she has to protect herself from her own problems. She was a fifteen year old girl and he couldn't believe how much he wanted her around. 

"I'm not the only one she won't forgive" Damon says changing the subject not wanting to think of the pain he felt hearing her scream.

Stefan furrow his eyebrows in confused "What"

"I might do bad things stefan but atleast I would admit to my actions. Elena is changing you when you are with her. When I'm with her I can tell I have no control over what I do. How have you not realised the difference between the sisters" Damon says to his brother.

"Aria has the glow of freedom around her but with Elena around im trapped and I hate it."

"Open you're eyes Stefan before it's too late." Damon says walking out.

"Where are you going?" Stefan asks.

"Got to go find out how Human's apologise to each other so I don't lose my only friend"

——————