36 | P I T Y

The only thing that was keeping Aria from burning the whole of mystic falls down was the heart monitor that was beeping which indicated that Caroline was still alive

The only thing that was keeping Aria from burning the whole of mystic falls down was the heart monitor that was beeping which indicated that Caroline was still alive. When Damon had finished being in dad mode and lecturing Aria about not putting herself in danger again. He had explained everything that had happened since she was unconscious and like usual Elena was crying in Stefan's arm which may or may not have gained her arm to be set on fire.

Caroline was the priority at the moment but there were so many questions that no one had the answers too. For a start, why did the device affect Tyler when he wasn't a vampire, and why was his father put in the basement as well? It didn't make much sense as to how the Lockwoods were related to everything.

Then after all this time, Katherine comes back to Mystic Falls and pretends to be Elena and chose to kiss Damon out of everything she could have done. Aria was laughing and crying at the same time when Damon told her that part, watching his face cringing as he spoke about the situation.

Hearing the hospital door open, she notices Matt and Bonnie enter the room. Ignoring the two she kept her eyes on Caroline and her heartbeat. She knew if Bonnie even tried to speak to her, it wouldn't end well for the witch.

"I'm sorry Ria," Matt says sadly to the young girl.

Most would have assumed that Caroline and Elena were the closest but in reality. Caroline was the sister Aria and Jeremy both wished for. Even though sometimes she could be annoying and sound like a brat. All that mattered to the Gilbert twins was that she cared, and that was the difference between her and Elena.

Without looking away from Caroline she asks, "What happened?" her voice wavering as she spoke. She already knew what had occurred from Damon, but she wanted to know everything that happened to see if she could figure out why Tyler heard the noise too.

"We were driving," Matt starts to explain "Tyler heard this noise and he got—he got this migraine or something...and he lost control of the car."

"I—I thought that Caroline was fine, and then...and then she wasn't...so."

Aria could feel the bile rising in her throat as she saw Caroline's heartbeat become slower, running out of the hospital room. She rushes into the female bathroom and drops down next to the toilet seat before puking.

Placing her shaking hands onto the floor, her eyes widen as she feels the whole room start to shake as if an earthquake was happening.

Quickly pulling her hands off the floor, the shaking doesn't stop. She didn't understand what was happening, was this her doing or was this just a normal earthquake she couldn't tell.

Suddenly the bathroom door gets slammed open, Damon and Jeremy walk in and notice Aria on the floor with her knees pulled up to her chest.

"Ria?" Jeremy questions worried about his twin sister.