famous birthdays

~•~

adelaide heathers

pop/country singer-songwriter

BIRTHDAY

September 16, 1996

BIRTHPLACE

Tlaxcala, Mexico

ABOUT

A pop singer with over 37.500.000 monthly listeners on Spotify. She released her debut self-titled country album, Adelaide Heathers, with immediate success in 2009, at the mere age of 13. Adelaide did a short tour with a total of twenty dates, fifteen of which were US and five were International.

At the 2009 Grammys, Adelaide made history as the youngest artist to win a Grammy at the age of 13, with her win of Best New Artist, beating LeAnn Rimes' record.

Adelaide face was on tabloids along with Kanye West's after the 2009 VMA's, in which he climbed onto stage, interrupting her speech as winner of Best Female Video.

Adelaide released her sophomore album, Fearless, in 2010, with major hits You Belong With Me and Love Story making history in the charts. She did a second tour, with huge success.

Once again, making history at the 2010 Grammy's, becoming the youngest artist to win Best Album of the Year at 14. A rare win for a country artist like Adelaide.

Her third and newest album, Speak Now, was released this year in 2011, and at 15, she's once again making history with her World Tour.

Within her World Tour, she is set to perform at Coachella, becoming the youngest person to perform at this music festival. She is also set to perform at Corona Capital later this year.

BEFORE FAME

Adelaide was born in Tlaxcala, Mexico. Her mother is businesswoman and realtor, Pamela Rojas, and her father is David Heathers.

Not much is known about her older sister, Paola Heathers.

PERSONAL LIFE

Adelaide met her best friend, actress and model, Tara Rouge on the set of her music video, Picture to Burn, and the two hit it off instantly.

Adelaide has several friends within the industry, including Selena Gomez, Dove Cameron and Sophie Turner.

Adelaide was briefly seen as close friends with Hailey Baldwin, but after a year of friendship, things abruptly shattered between the two. Although there is speculation about the subject, neither of the two girls have spoken about the reason behind it.

Adelaide doesn't speak much about her love life, but has been seen friendly with Blake Michael and Ashton Irwin among others.

OTHER

Although Adelaide has barely released her newest album and is barely beginning her tour, she has already spoken about beginning work on her next album, and even said, 'I will be experimenting with a few new things, and possibly even a few new genres.'

Adelaide has mentioned working on new music, theorizing its release in 2012.

Adelaide has also mentioned she enjoys writing poems with only 3 published, although she mentioned interest in publishing a compilation of poems.

Adelaide has said that '[I] would love to collaborate with other artists. It's an exciting idea for sure.'

~•~