DELETED SCENE: MIDNIGHT MEMORIES LIVE (DECEMBER)

*• December 2013 •*

~< Midnight Memories Live >~

Addie could see the look of intrigue and confusing on the audience's faces as the lights dimmed, leaving the boys with a spotlight directly on them.

The lights weren't usually conducted that way, especially not with Midnight Memories. And then the backing track was light, not the full band, just a single guitar. As if it were acoustic.

Addie grinned as she emerged from the lift and onto the stage with darkness engulfing her. She was sure a few girls in the front row were pointing at her and whispering. But Addie's presence on stage would be kept a secret for now.

But then Harry began to sing and everything was forgotten in light of his angelic voice ringing through the stadium.  "People talk- shh, but we don't listen," Harry sang.

And then Louis began to sing, "Tell me that I'm wrong but I do what I please." The spotlight following him as he moved across the stage confidently. Addie heard her cue through the in-ear and got into position, her face towards the side facing her microphone. "Now I'm at the age when I know what I need, oh woah."

A pregnant pause. And then the guitars blasted through the speakers, and sparklers shot through the air with golden light, while the orange-red lights turned on, revealing Addie awaiting.

Instantly, the crowd went crazy, screams and cheers ringing through the stadium.

Addie turned to face the front of the stage, singing with the others, "Midnight Memories, oh-oh-oh."

She made her way down the stairs, joining the others. Addie wore something simple, the same way she always did when she joined them for a song, always dressing a lot more casual than she would've for any other performance.

Just an AC/DC shirt tucked into black shorts, with fishnet tights underneath and thigh-high socks. And of course, you couldn't forget the very cute boots she had on. It was the most dressed down Addie had ever been for a performance, but the boys had been the ones to pick her outfit ("You can't steal our thunder!" Louis had said.).

The performance went by easily, and it was fun for Addie. No need to rehearse intensely with choreography and backup dancers. It was just her and her friends singing a song. The lack of pressure felt like a dream.

And as they got to the second chorus, Addie moved a little farther back, retreating into a corner, mirroring Louis. They were in an almost triangle shape on the stage.

Her cue then came, "Anywhere we go," And she moved to the front of the stage for the bridge with Niall.

Addie tried to step forward, but something was wrapped around her ankle and she fell to her knees. She looked back at her foot and found it was trapped in wires someone hadn't placed properly.

Cursing under her breath, she didn't even manage to finish the chorus as she struggled to get the wires free.

Fuck, she needed to get out in time to get to her marker for the bridge. Shit, shit, shit.

Zayn rushed to her side, one hand holding up his microphone and the other hand helping untangle Addie from the wires.

"I don't care how much we spend," Niall sang, and Addie was ready to cry. She'd put in so much effort rehearsing for that one high note, the hardest challenge her voice had faced yet, and she wouldn't even be able to do it.

"Baby, this is what the night..."

Addie finally yanked the wires away, pressing a hand to Zayn's shoulder as she clambered to her feet, running to make her way to the microphone.

"fo-o-o-or," Niall sang.

Addie placed her microphone on the stand just in time, standing beside Niall. "I know nothing's making sense. For tonight, let's just pretend-"

Addie grabbed the microphone, using her whole body to push her voice out. "I don't wanna stop so give me-"

Do it, you can do it, you can get that note. YOU'RE ADELAIDE HEATHERS! YOU CAN DO IT!

"MORE!" Addie sang, reaching the high note perfectly. She pulled away from the microphone, proud of herself and also out slightly lightheaded.

"Oh-oh-oh."

When they reached the end, Addie was left breathless, adrenaline the only thing keeping her on her feet, and she grinned in victory.

Arms wrapped around Louis and Zayn's shoulders, they huddled together and gave a small bow, smiling at the crowd and laughing breathlessly in pride.

Addie finally separated from the others, waving to the crowd as she shouted, "Thank you for a lovely night!"

Addie waved goodbye, jogging as she got off stage, already feeling the unavoidable drop after the adrenaline.

And then there were the claps on her back, the compliments and everyone saying 'You did so good!'. The high note wasn't easy, Harry himself could barely manage it most of the time, and Addie had a much less diverse registry.

But she'd done it. And she felt powerful as she walked off stage, knowing it had been her and only her who'd managed to do it.

a/n: deleted scene. enjoy my loves!

sorry for disappearing again lmao, how have y'all been? missed you guys. love you so so much

remember to vote and comment because i crave validation. love ya <3