Chapter 33

*• September 2013 •*
- Los Angeles, USA -
~< Say Don't Go >~

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF ADDIE JUST JUMPED?

Would anyone even come running?

Or would no one give a shit?

Addie pondered this as she stood on the edge of a very tall building, staring down at the passing cars with their headlights on to guide them.

The night sky stood above Addie, but it was too cloudy and she couldn't see the stars or even the moon. It was as if someone had stolen them from the sky.

But it was just pollution. Stupid New York City pollution.

Addie knew this building. It was where Harry lived. And so it was just pure fate when he walked out of his apartment right when Addie was on the edge.

She expected him to look up, to notice her and understand what she needed. But he didn't.

So she grabbed her phone and called him. The phone rang and rang and rang endlessly. Waiting for him to answer her call.

She was standing on the edge of a building and she needed someone to talk her down from that ledge. Only Harry could save her.

She wanted him to answer, to look up and see her and scream that he loved her and needed her in his life. To tell her that he would never survive her leaving.

Harry pulled out his phone, seeing the call from Addie. He put his phone on silent, and got into a cab and drove away.

No one cared enough to save Addie.

So she turned around, her back to the street, as she let herself fall backwards, plummeting to the ground, to her death. Wind bit at her neck, flapping her hair around as she fell until her bones would crush on pavement-

Addie woke up.

It wasn't the kind of waking up like you see in movies, where the character wakes up in a sweat, gasping for air and in shock.

No, it was the kind of waking up where you know you could move, but all you can find it in you to do is stare at the ceiling. Stare at the white ceiling and try and ground yourself in reality before the terror overtakes you.

She lied, paralyzed only by her mind and her fear, trying to hold back tears.

Harry never saved her.

He didn't care anymore.

He wasn't in her life anymore and he would never be.

Thinking about him and dreaming about him would only cause so much more pain.

Addie felt like an open wound that kept bleeding.

So where were her stitches?

Taking deep breaths, Addie couldn't help the tears running down her cheeks. God, how desperate was she for Harry's affection and attention that she'd be willing to jump off of a tall building just for him to come running?