BONUS: The MET Gala

[MET GALA]

The following is a timeline of every outfit
Adelaide Heathers has worn to the MET Gala.

Minor spoilers for the unwritten portion of the book.

2008
Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy

The dress has the flashiness, the structure and build of a well-trained and highly-resourced designer

Adelaide would begin a legacy of working with small but incredibly talented designers and small artists, who would later go on to acquire fame and prestige. 'Discovering' them to put it mildly.

The outfit was a highlight of the evening, staying on theme although receiving criticism for being too mature and too much for the young thirteen year old girl.

This began a long line of moments where Adelaide avoided hyper sexualization by becoming incredibly mature for her age.

In general, it was taken as a statement towards the impact a young girl like Adelaide could have and the legacy for flashy and dangerous ensembles.

2010
American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity

2010American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity

Simple but elegant. Nothing that would become an iconic moment in fashion, but good for a teenage girl barely starting out in the fashion world and trying to find her own style.

Adelaide had a good start for a very young girl without many possibilities for dresses that would make an impact without hyper-sexualizing a teenager.

There was discussion from conservatives around Adelaide's right to step into an event designed to honor America while being Mexican. It created controversy and backlash from both sides.