Chapter 19

*• May 2013 •*
- Cheshire, UK -
~< Anti-Hero >~

"I WANT TO MARRY YOU."

Addie paused, simply staring at the green-eyed boy lying beside her. "W-What?"

They were lying on the bed of Harry's room, and she had spent the last thirty minutes dissecting every poster, decoration and knick-knack in it and asking dozens of questions.

Addie wanted to know everything about him, wanted to know him. Not just who he was at this moment in time , but also everything that made him who he was now.

Addie wanted to live with Harry in the present, know his past and go through the future with him.

She wanted to understand the scars and the golden lines along his heart, know where he had bled and know who had placed band-aids on the scrapes and scratches.

"I mean, not now obviously, but sometime in the future," Harry said matter-of-factly. "I'm going to marry you someday. I know it."

Addie laughed, cheeks flushed a bright pink. "That's a lot of confidence for someone who doesn't even have the guts to say those three words."

"What three words? I hate you? You're a loser?"

Addie scoffed, shoving Harry's arm. "That's four words."

"Uh-uh, there's a contraction there. It's three words."

Addie rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless. She looked at the curly-haired boy before her, suppressing the urge to tell him those three words lingering in her mind. I love you, she whispered in her mind, wishing she had the courage to say them out loud.

Harry fiddled with the seam of her shirt, twisting it around in his hands. He placed a feather-light kiss on her collarbone. A shiver ran through her spine as his lips grazed her soft skin.

"Someday. I'll say it. I promise." Harry grabbed her hand, intertwining their fingers and pressing a kiss to the back of her hand. "For now, just know that this right here? You and me, us, that's my whole world."

Addie smiled softly at the boy in front of her, everything about her oozing love. How did he not know already that she was helplessly infatuated with him?

Everything about the way he spoke, what he did, and how he treated her made him irresistible to her. No one would ever compare to him.

A part of her feared that someday he would walk away, not love her anymore the way he did now, and Addie would be left with an irreparably shattered heart. And no one would ever be good enough for her. No one could fill the gap he would leave inside her heart.

"You and me," Addie whispered, an oath just for the two to hear.

It was there that two hearts molded together, forming one entity, pumping the same blood through them, with all their past tainting them, and every future open for them.

Addie would forever remember every memory she ever had with Harry. She would engrave it in her mind, written all over the walls and scribbled Harry's name with permanent marker.