Chapter 32

*• September 2013 •*
- Los Angeles, USA -
~< Don't Call Me Baby >~

ADDIE ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT HELL ONLY CAME WHEN YOU DIED. She was wrong. She was living through hell, and yet her heart still beat.

This wasn't the end. Addie knew that. But it certainly seemed like the apocalypse.

Everything had come crashing down on her all at once. Harry cheated on her. Louis betraying her. And then her mom, texting her, not to ask what had happened but instead blaming Addie for Harry's actions. Wonderful.

Everyone had gotten to watch the rise and downfall of their relationship. Harry and Addie had been thrust into the arena of the public's eye. She'd raised a white flag and written a truce, only for Harry to grab a knife and stab it into her back.

It felt like the entire world had seen Addie's world come crashing down around her, had jeered and smiled in amusement as she died. Her suffering was just used for entertainment.

Sometimes Addie's life seemed so pathetic, even to herself.

After finding out that Harry cheated, it took Addie 4 days to finally get back to her normal life. She wasn't sure how she found the strength to get out of bed to act as if nothing had happened.

But she did.

She got out of bed, she got dressed and did her makeup. She fed Cheshire, and brushed her fur out so it wouldn't get matted.

When she got to the studio, she knew how shitty she looked, how you could see the misery deep in her eyes and set on her face, even behind several layers of concealer. And she was also carrying Cheshire in her arms.

Cheshire had become her most loyal, faithful companion in the most sick and twisted way, because whenever Addie saw her cat, all she could think about was Harry.

Harry had given Addie a goddamn cat.

Because she'd been saying for years that she wanted a cat. But had been too scared to actually get one.

So he got her a cat.

"You okay?" Karl asked, brow furrowed in worry as Addie finished the take of a song. She had been completely distracted since she got there, her mind lingering on the fact that

"My boyfriend cheated on me." He isn't your boyfriend anymore. "Sorry, ex-boyfriend."

"Harry?"

Addie nodded slowly, as Cheshire jumped up onto her lap, looking for attention. She brushed her fingers through the soft gray fur.

Karl looked shocked, and his eyes gave her a sympathetic look. "I didn't expect that of him. I'm sorry."

"It's really weird, usually I'd write a song about how I feel, write about how much it hurts, but right now... I can't think well enough to write." Addie laughed bitterly, looking down at the cat on her lap. "Sorry, you must think I'm some stupid teenager."

Karl shook his head. "That was your first love, and I know you really loved him. After all, he broke your trust and decided to cheat on you. It isn't stupid in the very least to be heartbroken by it."