Chapter 24

*• June 2013 •*
- Los Angeles, USA -
~< There Were Strangers Watching >~

* A FEW DAYS EARLIER *

"WHAT DO YOU THINK?" Addie asked, twirling around to showcase her outfit. She'd let Harry pick her outfit for the day, and it turned out he knew his way around clothes.

He'd rifled through her closet, picking out the items and handing it to her. Once he was done assembling, he'd sat down on the bed and waited for her to get changed.

Harry grinned. "Beautiful as ever."

Addie smiled at him, brushing her hair out of her face. "Thanks to your amazing outfit selection."

"I quite like that jacket," Harry mumbled as she approached his spot on the bed. Once she was close enough, he placed his hands on her hips, pulling her in by the belt loops of her skirt.

The item in question was a muted red (fake) leather jacket that Addie wore often. She'd worn it on their first date, and had been obsessed with it ever since.

"Do you?" Addie questioned, pushing his curls out of his face, so she could look at him properly. His green eyes shone in the light.

Harry nodded, leaning into her touch as she cupped his cheek. "Mhm. And that skirt looks really nice."

He ran the fabric in between his fingers, feeling the texture of it. Addie thought that was what had made him choose the skirt, the light, flowy fabric.

"Thank you, baby," Addie murmured, leaning forward and pressing a kiss to his forehead. After everything that had happened in the last few days, the two had been inseparable, acting like the lovesick teenagers they were.

Something caught Addie's eye. Which was the look that Harry gave the skirt, as if almost in awe but apprehensive to admit it.

It's a look in Harry's face that she's seen before, whenever he was next to her while she folded clothes or went through her closet picking an outfit. An admiration towards some of her clothes, but neglecting to admit it.

Addie was nervous as she dared to lightly say, "I think you'd look nice in this skirt."

Harry's eyes met hers, snapping away from the skirt and dropping it as if it'd burned him. He laughed, a nervousness to his voice as he said, "What?"

Addie shrugged casually. "With your waist? Damn." She grinned, afraid of how he'd react. But she kept calculated everything perfectly, so if he reacted well, he'd feel comfortable with her, and if not, they could laugh this off.

She couldn't get a read on what he was thinking. He kept his face blank, but she could see him scrutinizing her own thoughts.

Harry's eyes revealed the hesitation behind his words when he said, "Are you serious?"

Addie smoothed the worry wrinkles on Harry's forehead with a small kiss. "Only if you want me to be."

Harry fell silent as Addie went to grab her bag and pull her boots on. He watched her with a curious look in his eye, trying to decipher the meaning behind her words.