Chapter 11

*· March 2013 ·*
- New York City, USA -
< This Love Is Alive >

IT WAS SIX IN THE MORNING. And someone was banging on Addie's door.

She groaned, rolling until she fell out of bed, barely managing to catch herself before she slammed her face against the ground. She muttered under her breath, "Fucking hell."

Doorknob twisted open, and Addie leaned most of her weight against the door, eyelids heavy with sleep. She froze mid-yawn, expecting it to be management.

Instead, curly hair, green eyes, and a warm smile greeted her.

Swallowing roughly, Addie quickly fixed her hair and rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

Great. It was great that Harry had seen her with her hair all messy and dark circles under her eyes. Not to mention Addie had fallen asleep before taking her eyeliner off, meaning she probably looked like a raccoon.

"Hi," Harry said, giving a small wave of his hand.

Addie grinned. "Hi there. Whatcha doing here, babe?"

Harry laughed nervously, shoving his hands in the pockets of his sweatshirt and looking down. "Uh... I needed to do a little something before I left."

Addie lifted an eyebrow. "And what is that little something?"

Harry took a deep breath, exhaling shakily. "I needed to know..."

"Yeah?"

Addie stifled a smile as Harry visibly grew even more nervous. "Well, I... Um..." She kept looking at him, amused by his antics. Harry sighed. "You're not making this easy."

"Nothing's easy with me, dumbass," Addie said, locking her fingers into his belt loops and tugging him forwards. He stumbled, but then Addie was leaning forward and kissed him softly.

Harry smiled against her lips, breaking away as a small chuckle escaped his lips. "You... wow."

"You're going to inflate my ego if you keep going like this, babe," Addie joked, pressing her forehead to his.

Harry chuckled. "We wouldn't want that, now would we?"

"Rude," she murmured, pulling him back in for another kiss.

Addie was addicted to everything about him. The soft feeling of his warm lips against hers, filled her chest with sunshine until she felt she might combust from how utterly infatuated she was.

"I wanted to ask you..."

"Yeah?"

"Will you... Will you be my girlfriend?"

Addie took a deep breath, inhaling sharply through gritted teeth. "Ooh, I dunno. I mean, I'd have to think about it."

Harry gave her a look. "You're a pain in the ass, Heathers."

"Hm," Addie hummed, "Maybe. But I'm your pain in the ass now, Styles."

"So that's a yes?"