Chapter 16

*• April 2013 •*
- Los Angeles, USA -
~< Staring At The Sunset >~

IT STARTED WITH A PHONE CALL.

Addie was taking a break in the middle of her recording session in the studio when her phone rang. Seeing it was Harry calling, she picked up immediately. "Haz?"

Addie was sitting on a chair with rolly wheels, turning in circles with her feet over the arm of the chair.

"Hey love, how are you doing?" Harry murmured into the phone, and Addie's eyes widened at the deep and gravelly sound of his voice. It was clear he had just woken up.

Addie suppressed a grin, trying to keep her cool when management and her producers Karl and Max were in the next room. "I'm doing good. You?"

"Just woke up," He answered, yawning. "Missing you, baby."

Addie could feel her cheeks heating up as she ran a hand through her hair. "Miss you more, my love. Can't believe I get to see you again tomorrow."

"Don't know if I'm going to be able to hold myself back when I see you again," Harry murmured, his voice low and piercing through the soft silence, "Gonna want to push you up against the wall and leave marks so everyone knows you're mine."

Addie choked on her breath, "Oh my god."

She kicked her feet as she giggled nervously, rendered speechless by his words.

"You think that's funny? You're laughing?" Harry asked, his words dripping with confidence.

Addie inhaled sharply. "No, no-" And then dissolved into giggles. A teenage love puddle on a chair. That's what he reduced her to.

"I'm going to kiss you until you have no fucking air left and then we'll see if you're still laughing, huh?"

Addie threw her head forward into her hands, her stomach tingling with butterflies flapping their wings. A million thoughts  rushed through her mind, and not one formed into words good enough to say  aloud.

And then the door opened and Karl and Max walked through, finding Addie curled up in her chair, face red like a tomato and grinning like an idiot with her phone pressed up to her ear.

"Should we keep going?" Max asked, looking Addie up and down.

Addie nodded. Her voice was breathless as she said, "Yeah, yeah. Give me a second."

"Go and talk like an angel to everyone else, but we both know the sins running through your mind, don't we?" Harry murmured to her, making Addie's eyes grow wider as she tried hopelessly to keep her face even. And then his voice was cheery and happy as he said, "Have fun in the studio, talk to you later. Bye, love."

"Bye," Addie managed to say, the words a little too late as Harry hung up a second later. She looked up at Karl and said, "I have some lyrics I need to write."

𝘼𝙋𝙍𝙄𝙇 29: 𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝘿𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙨 𝙫. 1.0

ℐ𝓉'𝓈 𝑜𝓀𝒶𝓎 𝒾𝒻 𝓌𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹