Chapter 30

*• August 2013 •*
- New York City, USA -
~< Butterflies Turned To Dust >~

"HARRY, DON'T KILL THE BUTTERFLY!" Addie yelped, smoothing out the bent wing of the butterfly. "You're folding it where you shouldn't, babe."

"Origami is too hard," Harry whined, leaning his forehead against her shoulder as she fixed the messily-folded paper butterfly. He kissed her shoulder. "Why are we doing this?"

"You told me to decorate the room, so we're doing it together and it's good for bonding," Addie reminded him, turning to give the top of his curls a kiss.

"It's too hard."

"You just need to be more careful," Addie cooed. "Look, let me show you." She slowly explained each step to him, how you folded the square in half and tucked the corners in, making sure to smooth the crease. He nodded along and then repeated it alone. "See? That looks really cute. Now just draw the wings with sharpie. Like this."

They were in the process of making a bunch of small butterflies they would hang from the ceiling. Addie had stumbled upon the idea online, and she thought it was only fitting, seeing as she had an adoration for butterflies, and maybe that had a little to do with the butterfly tattoo on Harry's stomach.

It took them over an hour to fold all the butterflies, which included quite a bit of whining from Harry's part and unlimited patience from Addie. She wasn't usually this patient, but she had a soft spot for Harry.

"So then you pull the string through it like this," Addie explained, using a needle to thread the string. "And then we just stick it to the ceiling. It'll look really pretty."

"You've done this before?"

Addie shrugged. "I have some in my room back in LA."

"Nice," Harry murmured, grabbing a needle and threading the string through the butterflies. There were several colors for the butterflies, most of them blue, but there were some pink and red ones sprinkled in the mix. "Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead," Addie said, as she climbed on top of her chair to stick the string to the ceiling with a piece of duct tape. God bless the inventor of duct tape.

Harry asked, "Do you believe in God?"

Addie hummed as she nodded. "Yes I do."

"You do?" Harry seemed a little confused by her answer. "I always thought you were atheist. Never saw you as a religious person."

"I don't really talk about it much," Addie explained, as Harry handed her another string to tape. "But I'm Catholic. I grew up that way, and I guess the belief just stuck." She reached down for more tape, and wobbled a little. Harry grabbed her around the waist before she could fall, helping her stay up. "Thanks. Yeah, I mean, I'm not extremely religious. But I do believe in God. You?"

Addie didn't discuss religion much, and she'd never talked about it with Harry.

She'd grown up in a pretty religious family. Her parents had studied exclusively in Catholic schools, and it was how they'd met. Everyone from her close family was extremely religious, and she'd been raised in that enviroment.