INTERVIEW: LIE DETECTOR

[INTERVIEW]

Welcome to Jimmy Kimmel Live! featuring special guest Adelaide Heathers!

Applause and cheers surged from the crowd, and that special little smile Addie reserved for interviews made an appearance on her lips.

Addie ran her hands down the front of her skirt, smoothing it out as she walked out onto the stage, waving at the beaming crowd. She sat down on the plush couch, adjusting her hair to drape over her shoulders.

"We have here with us a very talented singer and songwriter with a total of six Grammys including Album of the Year win at the young age of sixteen and with four studio albums released. With her newest album RED, this young woman has created a mix of pop and country unlike anything before. This is Adelaide Heathers!"

Addie smiled, ducking her head as she giggled nervously under the watchful eye of the crowd. "Thank you so much for having me- and my god, we've known each other for almost five years now, just call me Addie."

Jimmy smiled, "Alright then, Addie. Now, this is the second time I've had you on the show since Red released. How has your perspective on the album changed since then?"

"Well, the last time I was here was two days after the album released, so I was still trying to figure out what people thought about it. And honestly, I wasn't even sure myself what my thoughts were, but since then, I've grown to have a love and adoration for it."

Addie was content to answer, happy to finally get serious questions about her music, not just about her personal life.

"I'm really happy with what I wrote and as I grow and I go through all these new experiences, I start to relate more to these lines I wrote in the past. Which is a really weird phenomenon, to live your present the way you wrote it in the past- but anyways, I'm just so happy for all the love and the support the fans have given this album and myself."

The crowd cooed, making Addie chuckle to herself and blush a little.

"I love that, I really love that," Jimmy said. "Now, we have a few interesting games to play with you tonight, Addie." He looked towards the camera. "Stay tuned for Lie Detector Questions with Addie Heathers!"

***

Addie was sat at a table with three chairs, the one she was in, another where the man keeping track of the lie detector sat, and an empty one.

She had black elastic wrapped around her arm, wires connecting her to the machine the man monitored. Addie took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves.

Jimmy made his introduction to the crowd and then turned to Addie. "Are you nervous? Because you look a little bit peaky."

"I am pooping my pants at this very moment, Jimmy," Addie answered, inhaling deeply.

Jimmy laughed exaggeratedly. "We're not going to murder you if you lie."

"But I'm scared of what questions I'll have to answer!" Addie protested, placing her palms against the table.

"Now, I'm not going to give you the questions you have to answer," Jimmy explained, making Addie frown in confusion. He gestured towards the side of the stage. "We have Louis Tomlinson for that!"