Chapter 9

*• March 2013 •*
- New York City, USA -
~< I Want You For Ever And Ever >~

"HEY! IT'S ALRIGHT, DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL ALIVE?" Harry sang, and Addie watched carefully the way he put his weight on his heels and then at the high notes rocked forward onto the ball of his foot. As if by pushing forward, he could push his voice out. "Don't look back, live your life, even if it's only for tonight."

"Alright, Haz, take five, yeah?" Addie told him, getting a nod for an answer as he left the recording booth.

Addie handed him a bottle of water before grabbing one herself. He smiled gratefully at her, and Addie was temporarily dazed by the sight.

Harry sat down on the chair beside her, crossing his ankles. He gulped down the water.

Addie blinked. "You did great, Haz, really."

"Does that mean we're done?"

"Not nearly," Addie chuckled, looking down at her notebook. "'M sorry, but we're still missing a bit of the harmonizing parts, and Liam was supposed to do it, but we took so long with his solo part, we couldn't get to it."

Harry shook his head, smiling to comfort her. "Don't worry, I get it."

Addie inhaled deeply, "Uh... Harry, could I ask you something?"

"Yeah, anything."

"We never really talked, after..." Addie tentatively mentioned, "What we talked about before the paparazzi sneaked up on us."

Harry blinked, smile slowly fading as he cleared his throat, sobering up. "Right."

"I don't... I mean..." Addie groaned, and said, "Fuck, I don't know how to say this."

Harry peered up at her, and sat up in his chair, moving forward until his knees were between hers. "Addie..."

"Yeah...?"

Harry leaned forward, one hand cupping her cheek, the other holding her neck. She could feel her breathing come to a stop, and she became painfully aware of the fact that Harry's lips were inches from hers.

And his hand against her cheek felt like a warm embrace, and his lips brushed against hers just slightly as he muttered, "Is this okay?"

Addie didn't nod, and instead answered by leaning forward, closing the space between them.

And if heaven ever existed, it would be the feeling of Harry's lips on hers, ever so soft but passionate, filling you with warmth from the top of your head to the tip of your toes, and your chest feels ready to explode from how fast your heart is beating.

And the gentle press of his lips against hers, biting down slightly on her lip, pulling it with him as he moved back, if that wasn't a drug, then what was?

***

"Louis! Louis, you little motherfucker you better be awake!" Addie exclaimed, pounding her fist against the door relentlessly. "Louis William Tomlinson wake your ass up!"

As Addie went to ram her fist against the door, it opened, revealing a half-asleep Louis, hair shoved to one side in a bizarre display of bed hair, wearing nothing but a pair of boxers.