Chapter 2

*• April 2012 •*
- Los Angeles, USA-
~< One Step Closer >~

"ADDIE, MY LOVE, COME AND EMBRACE ME!" Louis shouted across the room, spreading his arms. Addie didn't hesitate to run straight into Louis' arms.

She threw her arms around him, and he let out a small 'oof' from the sudden force. Yet, he still wrapped his arms around her tightly, and even added a dramatic sway from side to side.

Louis and Addie had grown close over the last six months, staying in touch through texts and audio messages.

Calls were rare because the two were traveling constantly in completely different places and always switching time zones.

It was difficult for the two to find a time where they were both awake and not sleep deprived. But they found ways, and they'd managed to become best friends.

"What, I don't deserve a hug?" Niall asked, and Addie let go of Louis, laughing as she hugged the boys.

The hug with Harry was a lot less awkward than it would've been six months ago, but he still mostly kept to himself. A stark contrast to the outgoing, bubbly personality Louis described.

On a call late one night, Addie had confessed to Louis that she thought Harry might dislike her. Louis had apologized, saying Harry could be very awkward sometimes, and told her he usually wasn't like that.

Louis had ended up telling her a million stories about Harry, lots of them making her end up with a stomachache with how hard she laughed.

But the Harry everyone got was different to the Harry Addie got. And that wasn't in a good way.

"I love the new single, Addie," Zayn told her. She looked up at him, eyes wide and displaying a glimmer of pride.

Though she'd never admit it, a compliment from Zayn about her music mattered her ten times more than from any of the other boys. Zayn was hard to impress, and in Addie's opinion, he had the best taste in music.

"Hey, thanks a lot. I love the album," Addie said, fiddling with her belt loop.

Louis elbowed her playfully, smiling tauntingly. "Oh, I know. Didn't you have the album memorized within a week?"

Addie scoffed, slapping his elbow. Louis pouted as she said, "Shut it. I did not!"

(She did.)

Louis laughed, poking Addie's cheek. She slapped his hand away, but he kept going anyways, until she tried to bite his finger, and he barely managed to escape her sharp teeth.

"Children!" Max called as he walked into the room. "Did'ya miss me?"

Addie rolled her eyes at Max's dramatics, but nevertheless greeted him with a hug.

Max slapped her shoulder, and Addie yelped. Max ignored her protests, and said, "You horrible girl. You left me on read last night!"

Addie scoffed. "We were going to see each other within a few hours, it wasn't that deep."

"You left me on read, Adela."