Chapter 34

*• October 2013 •*
- Tokyo, Japan -
~< Causing Trouble Up
In Hotel Rooms >~

OCTOBER WAS A BLUR. If you asked Addie to explain what happened in the span of a single month, she'd be talking for hours.

It was party after party, surrounded by important people who tried to forget their lives by surrounding themselves with unimportant material objects.

It was a drink celebrating the milestone of someone whose name Addie could barely even recognize, which would lead to drinking a bottle of champagne.

It was Harry dragging her across town, his hand in hers as he kissed her and swore she was the one and only most important thing in her life.

It was skinny dipping for the very first time in the swimming pool of her LA home, Harry holding her close and warming her body from the October breeze.

It was Harry's sweet murmur of words as his fingertips sparked electricity on her skin, and he took his time to learn every curve and crevice of her body. So he could learn how to unravel her in the most marvelous of ways.

It was sitting next to Harry while he got another tattoo, and he whispered to her, "Whenever I look at it, I'll think of you. And that'll be our little secret."

It was Harry getting geared up in the chair as they tattooed his arm. His pain kink flaring up as he shifted uncomfortably. So with his arm wrapped, she grasped his wrist and pulled him into the bathroom, dropping to her knees and letting him pull her hair out of her face.

It was getting dressed up for a date and not giving a damn that everyone was flashing their cameras, because they both knew how good they looked, and when together... who wouldn't want to get a photo of that?

And it was trying to fix the broken relationship between them, but Addie's trust issues kept putting a wall between them. And it meant miscommunication and lost trust, and arguments in the living room which ended in crying, until Harry wrapped his arms around her and held her broken parts together.

And it was Addie calling Louis, and the two of them having a tense conversation. She didn't know how to forgive him for picking Harry's side in the great war. But they promised to still be friends.

And it was Niall apologizing for telling Harry about Addie's one-night stand. And her not feeling a shred of shame about her best friend's guilt over poor secret-keeping.

And it was blocking Blake's number after he tried to hook up again. And Harry finding out and getting angry until Addie was screaming at him that he wasn't the one who had a right to get jealous and defensive.

October 21th meant Harry and Addie's second breakup, after she finally lost her patience and told him to get the fuck out of her life.

October 23th was Harry showing up at Addie's doorstep with a bouquet of a hundred white roses, her favorite flowers, and two boxes of chocolate hearts because she didn't get the cheesy Valentine's experience before. And it was him playing her a heartfelt song about how much he loved her.

And it was the second time they got back together.

It was only a couple of days later that they were spending the weekend before Halloween in Japan with their friends. It was only their little group of six there, enjoying a nice weekend.