Chapter 18

*• May 2013 •*
- Cheshire, UK -
~< Meeting the Parents >~

IT WAS MOTHER'S DAY.

Addie was not spending it with her mom. No, instead she was visiting Harry's parents for the first time.

It had been an anxiety-ridden flight, where she sat next to her head of security, Tom. Her leg jumped up and down for thirty minutes before Tom got exasperated and placed a hand on her knee and gave Addie a sharp look.

Addie stopped fidgeting for the rest of the flight, nerves making her stomach turn uncomfortably, and when she landed in London, she immediately regretted agreeing to meet Harry's parents.

Addie got on the train to Cheshire, once again accompanied by Tom, who would hand her off to Harry and then retire to his hotel. Meanwhile, Addie was going to stay in Harry's parents' spare room.

Addie fell asleep during the train ride and was abruptly shaken awake by Tom, who signaled that it was their stop. Rolling her shoulders back and feeling the tension in her neck from the uncomfortable position she'd been in, Addie made her way through the station.

Checking her phone periodically, Addie waited impatiently for Harry to arrive, suitcase in hand and a very exhausted Tom beside her.

And then a car pulled up and a grinning boy with curly brown hair and bright green eyes came running up to Addie, embracing her in a tight hug.

Addie held him in her arms, feeling at ease for the first time that day. She pressed a swift kiss to his cheek, knowing they could have very limited physical contact when in public.

"C'mon, let's go home," Harry muttered into her ear, waving goodbye to Tom as he helped her with her suitcase.

Addie opened the trunk of the car, letting Harry slide the suitcase into place. "So, on a scale of one to ten, how nervous should I be to meet your parents?"

Harry chuckled, shutting the trunk and opening the passenger door for her. Once he closed the door and then got into the driver's seat, he asked, "That depends. How are you rating it? What does the one and the ten mean?"

"One is slightly nervous but keeping a straight face and ten is shitting my pants, everyone's going to hate me."

Harry laughed as he drove away from the train station. "I'd say more of a one." He glanced over at her. "My parents are going to love you. I promise."

"Eyes on the road, Styles!" Addie exclaimed, waving him away from her. Harry grinned and turned his eyes back to the road. "You know that whole deal about being a passenger princess? Yeah, no, I'm a fucking passenger survivor."

Harry made a sound of protest. "I'm not that bad of a driver!"

Addie gave him a look of disbelief and said, "You're the shittiest driver I've ever met. Even Louis isn't as bad a driver as you."

"Oh, really?" Harry scoffed playfully.

Addie crossed her arms defiantly, leaning back. "Yeah."

"Then why aren't you driving then, princess?"

Addie stifled a smile at the nickname. From anyone else's lips it would've made her scrunch her nose up in disgust, but when Harry said it...