Chapter 11 - Make over

It didn't take long to repeat everything Lewis told him. Constantine sat quietly and listened, at the end he asked if he thought it was the truth. Adam didn't need to think about it. "Yes, I think so. They have nothing to gain by lying to us." The more he thought about it, he realised that Lewis had diplomatically given them a chance to run and taken away the element of surprise from his family.

"So you're saying the guys who zapped us and dragged us off are good guys?" He looked at me with that annoying smirk of his that had nothing to do with a smile. He looked down at his bruised wrists and ankles. "I suppose they did us a favour and we know what's coming. It looks like we'll be leaving sooner than expected."

They were almost home. The dark grey clouds had finally given up their burden and it started to rain and distant thunder started to roll in from the sea. Adam turned, examining Constantine carefully. 

 "What?" He snapped, feeling like he'd grown an extra head.

"That has to go." Adam waved his hand around the werewolf's dreadlocks. "ASAP. In fact, I'll drive you to a hairdresser now. While you're getting that mop shorn off  I'll start packing."

They had already discussed changes to Adam's appearance to align with the photograph in his passport and other ID. It came down to him covering his birthmark each day, and wearing contact lenses so that both eyes were brown. They hadn't gotten around to Constantine's makeover. The obvious eye sore was his hair.  There was no way to disguise his height and muscles, the guy stood out.

"What! No, absolutely not!" Constantine folded his arms across his chest. He knew it was inevitable, but he had to work up to it.  He had grown attached to the heaviness against his back and shoulders.   There was no rush he told himself and glared back at Adam. 

.....

20 minutes later Constantine was sitting in a hair salon populated by female humans. The smell was killing him. Male human scents were bad enough but females with their layers of cosmetics, deodorants, and hair products, coated with perfume drowned his senses. Half of them were terrified of him. He could smell their fear. The other half were aroused and their pheromones, although not as potent as female werewolves were still affecting him. He fluffed up the plastic sheet over his lap. He would never forgive the Lycan bastard for this indignity.

Adam charmed the owner into fitting his friend, who desperately needed a makeover, into their busy schedule. She'd eyed the scowling, enormous man, squeezed into a too small chair, and wanted to refuse but he offered her double the money. Eventually, after a great deal of coaxing she agreed and worked on him herself after her employees refused.

He'd excused himself after he gave the stylist instructions, which were basically to cut everything off, make him less...just less. Adam then rushed out leaving him to suffer alone. Constantine's loathing for the Lycan was now set in stone.

The werewolf growled quietly throughout the process. His eyes burned holes into the face of the poor hairdresser. Her hands trembled as she worked on his mane which gradually, bit by bit despaired until all that was left was close-cropped dark blonde hair on to and shaved sides.  Constantine's lips were drawn back when he stared at himself in the mirror as the woman pulled off the plastic cape around his neck and replaced it with a soft towel.

If he managed to control his face for a moment and stop scowling, Constantine would have easily been the most handsome man any of the women in the salon had ever seen.  With his perfect superman jawline, high prominent cheekbones, and big warm brown eyes, he looked like a movie star.   However, he wasn't in the mood to play nice, and instead he looked scary.