4 am

You kneeled down in front of the toilet, vomiting the water you've just drank. It was far too early in the morning for you to be awake - but there you were, in the bathroom, puking out your insides, or so it felt, you were so sick.

Were you pregnant?

Geez, no.

Your period just decided to fight against you today. It sometimes happened to you that you felt so sick you wanted to throw up, and well, this was one of the days.

It was some time after 3 am that you've woken up from your slumber, feeling something between your legs. You knew immediately it's the blood army who's come - your period was due, besides, the specific feeling of getting it could not be compared to anything else, you just knew.

You were reluctant to get up, the bed being so warm and cozy. But you knew you had to, or else you'd stain your shorts and the bedsheets.

So you got out of bed in a haste and into the bathroom. The pain came gradually, starting as only a little pressure in your lower abdomen, but getting stronger by each second.

Nausea washed over you. And so you threw up, which brings us back to the scene of you kneeling down in front of the toilet, clutching the edges of it.

When you were sure there wasn't anymore more inside you to get back out, you stood up and thoroughly rinsed your mouth with water.

Yawning, you cursed your period for waking you up and making you do this. Because as much tired as you still felt, it's going to be hard for you to fall asleep again.

The fact that there was a bunch of annoying and loud boys in the room just next to yours didn't aid to the situation at all. Your period just couldn't have chosen a better time but to arrive right when your brother was having a sleepover with his friends. And your brother being your brother with his friends being his friends, their favorite activity ever just seemed to be to bother you.

You'd just have to put up not only with the pain and cramps and sickness, but also with their bothering and teasing for the whole rest of the day until they finally leave.

Because you sure as hell didn't plan on telling them to leave you alone because you got your period. No way you'd tell them.

It would only give them one more reason to constantly revolve around you, turning into some obsessed stalkers wanting to make sure you're feeling your best.

Well, what could you do? You practically grew up with you brother's friends since you and your brother were only a year apart, and they all considered you their little sister.

All of them, even though you wished one would not. You liked one of his friends, C/n. But how could you not? He was so nice and funny, so charming and handsome. It was impossible not to fall for him.

But to him, you were only his friend's little sister. Not a potential girlfriend to be considered.

Another yawn overtook you and you headed back to your room, slowly and carefully so as not to wake up the boys.

Truthfully, you weren't even sure if they were sleeping. God knows what they've done in that room.

As you turned off the bathroom light, darkness enveloped you, spreading into the little hall. You couldn't even make out the dim shapes - you tiptoed carefully and reached around with your hands to avoid bumping into anything. When you finally felt the doorknob of your door as your hand slid across the wall, you pushed the door open and closed it, turning on the light as you did so.

You were pretty sure you weren't going to get any more sleep. Glancing over at the digital clock, the aggressively red numbers alarmed you it was already 4 in the morning.