roommate's friend

the roommate you share the apartment with has a couple friends coming over. you know their friends, you've hung out with them too sometimes, so you're comfortable with them coming over and stuff. today, though, you weren't really feeling like hanging out, so you just stayed in your room.
~~~

"Hey, Y/n! Where you going?" your roommate called out as they saw you finally left your room, aiming straight for the door though. Usually, you at least greeted the others when they came over, but today, you were having a really shitty day - you didn't even say hi to them when they came. You couldn't bother today.

"Roof," you mumbled back before hurriedly putting on your shoes and closing the door. From the corner of your eye, you saw C/n wave at you as you briefly looked at them and you tried to give at least a smile, although you weren't sure if it didn't look more like a grimace than a smile. You just really weren't in the mood for smiling. You shut the door behind yourself.

You always went to the rooftop when there was something troubling you. There usually wasn't anyone as you'd go there pretty late - it was already between nine and ten pm now and getting dark - and you'd just stand next to the railing at the edges, looking below at the city, or up, at the stars, if they were visible.

Today, too, you stood next to the railing and leaned your forearms clad in hoodie on it. It wasn't cold, just chilly - it was blooming summer, last days of spring ending.

This always helped clear your mind. Whenever there was a matter gnawing at you, you could just come up here and all the anxiety and thoughts would leave your head. Here, you could be all alone and think straight, here, it calmed your mind.

You took a deep breath and let your lungs get filled up with the fresh night air. A star shone in the sky, lone amongst the clouds. The light pollution in the city wasn't as bad, so you'd usually get to see them if there was a clear sky.

"Hey."

You almost jumped up at the sudden voice. Quickly looking to your side at the source of the voice, you heaved a sigh of relief when you saw it was only C/n and not some weird stranger guy. Only the familiar C/n.

"Oh, hey. You scared me," you replied, kind of embarrassed and laughing at yourself. You bad been so lost in thought you ceased to notice the reality around you for a second and thus, you didn't notice him entering through the heavy rooftop door nor when he walked closer to you. At least your mood had improved and you were no longer feeling the stress and anxiety from earlier.

"(Roommate's/name) said to check up on you. They said that if no one gets you down, you'll stay here until like two am," he clarified why he came.

"Well, I guess that's true," you began, remembering that one time you completely and totally lost track of time and stayed here until you could see the dawn, the first rays of sun light. Luckily, your roommate was fast asleep by then and never found out about it, couldn't scold you for it. "But that was only once! Or, okay, maybe twice. Or three times?" you added each new sentence with a smaller voice, realizing your roommate was actually completely right.

C/n laughed, deep and warm, amused laughter. "Anyways, so I came to make sure that won't happen another time. It's half past eleven already."

You looked at him, although shadows hid most his face. "Don't you wanna go home?"

He shook his head, "no, we're staying over for the night. R/n said you'd be okay with it. We just chilled in the living room when we found out it was so late already, and so we just decided to crash here. ” He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"No, yeah, that's alright with me. Suzie can sleep in my bed if she wants. It's pretty big, it'd fit two people," you suggested, knowing the couch you had was the most uncomfortable thing to sleep on, even the floor being the better alternative.

"Suzie already fell asleep on the couch," C/n replied with a smile in his voice. "Tom's sleeping in the bed with R/n."

He didn't say where he'd be sleeping. Was that deliberate?

"I guess you're the only one left, then," you pretending to sigh and be disappointed. "Well, I wouldn't mind having you next to me, too." Winking at him, you glued away from the railing and went back inside. He followed after you.

You entered the already silent and dark apartment, saw Suzie really sleeping on the couch and Tom and R/n in their room. There was a faint light coming from underneath the door of R/n's room.

Stepping cautiously, you headed into your room and looked back at C/n, who seemed to be just standing in the hallway. "You coming or no then?"

"Can I really sleep there?" he looked up at you, asking for assurance.

"Of course," you shrugged. He walked after you into your room. "Feel at home," you said, spreading out your arms as you lit up tha lamp on the desk. It cast a yellow light around the room.

"Thanks," he mumbled as he took off his hoodie, the word getting muffled inside the fabric. He was wearing an oversized tee underneath.

"Oh, I've got some shirt that's probably big enough for you to sleep in, and maybe I can find some shorts for you as well..." You opened your closet, searching for some clothes to give him to sleep in. It didn't take long to find the oversized t-shirt you had, and you managed to find a bigger pair of shorts you yourself sometimes wore to sleep during the summer, the waist being loose but with a string to tighten and tie.

Handing them to him, he took the clothes with another word of thanks and you, still standing in front of the closet and hidden from C/n with the closet's door, began to undress to put on your sleeping attire as well. You didn't mind C/n being there or perhaps even catching a glimpse of your bare skin - you knew he was too polite, too gentlemanish to peek on you like that anyway.

You heard a tiny sound of surprise from him, but then you also heard the shuffling of fabric, meaning he was changing too.

"Are the clothes alright?" you asked when you got done changing.

"Yeah, they fit nicely."

You turned your head as you closed the wardrobe, looking at him. The shorts seemed to fit just well, hanging a little lower on his waist, and the t-shirt hung down his shoulders, not being tight but perfectly loose.

He smiled when he saw you looking him over and you smiled back at him, stepping to the door. "I'm gonna go brush my teeth," you whispered.

Taking off, you left him in your room as you did your nightly routine and when you came back, you found him sitting on the edge of the mattress.

You had to smile at that. "I told you to feel like at home. Why are you sitting so sternly there at the edge? Make yourself comfortable."

The huge bed was located in the corner where two walls met, and so he shifted closer to the wall so that you wouldn't have to step over him. You laid down at the other side, with still enough space being between you.

"Good night, then," he whispered into the dark as you turned off the lamp.

"You too, sweet dreams," you whispered back.

---
not really sure how i feel bout this one