movie night

Stars littered the winter night sky, even though you were oblivious to them due to the clouds hiding them from sight. The only light provided in the darkness were that of the street lamps towering all along the side of the street you walked by, pooling you in yellow light that came in puddles across the sidewalk.

Not many people were out in this time of the day - or night, better said - and given the circumstances, it was no surprise. It was late winter, after all, and the evenings and nights were freezing. Most people opted to stay home, in the cozy warmth, with a blanket and a cup of steaming liquid to warm their hands with.

You would be one of those people, normally, had you not had something you needed to take care of that forced you to go out into the icy weather. Now, as you were returning to your flat, you could not help but imagine the sweet bed waiting for you, and the comfort of the four walls of your room enclosing it, already looking forward to it.

Your shoes clacked against the pavement on which spots of ice were present, making it tricky to walk on. You pushed your hands further into the pockets of your coat, trying to keep as much warmth inside as possible. You were the only sound present on the street.

It almost sounded disturbing, violating the silence that froze breaths as you fished your keys, the metal objects jingling between your fingers as you inserted it into the keyhole, entering the building you lived in. The temperature inside was a sharp contrast to the one outside, your cheeks immediately burning too warm, although they were still too cold to the touch.

Entering the flat, you sighed of relief, finding comfort in the familiar hall and rooms it flowed towards. Overall, it was dark in the flat as well, but the light coming from below one of the doors deeper inside the flat told you that your flatmate was home, too. You shivered at the loss of warmth as you took of your coat to hang beside the wall.

Taking off your shoes, you pranced into your own room, shutting the door and switching on the lamp to make the room lighter, but not as bright so as to blind you. Instead, the lamp bathed your simple and small yet cozy room in orange light, casting shadows in the further corners of your room.

You took a shower, changing into something more comfortable to wear for the night, and finally allowed yourself to ease into your bed as you entered your room again after the bathroom visit.

Bundling yourself up in the warm, comforting piece of fabric, a yawn escaped your lips - you had woken up way too early this morning and it was taking its toll on you.

You glanced at the clock.

And decided you were too tired to do anything anyway, and that the bed sounded so alluring, the promise of fine sleep lulling you deeper and deeper into the pillow.

Nestled in the comforter, you let out a content sigh.

And then a knock came on your door, a rapping that disturbed the peaceful quiet that had settled within the four walls of your room.

"Yeah?" you called out, lifting up your head to get a better look.

The door opened meekly, timidly, and a head peeked inside carefully. "Were you sleeping?" your flatmate, C/n, whispered, e/c eyes traveling over your frame hidden in the pile of fabric. He bit his lip.

Shaking your head, you mumbled in a tired voice, sleepily, lazily, "no, do you need something?" You rubbed your eye, forcing yourself to sit up from the comfortable position you had managed to settle into just a few seconds before his arrival.

He was still clutching the doorknob as he took a tentative step inside, not sure how much he was allowed to come in. Locks of h/c hair fell down his forehead messily - he looked as if he had just rolled out of bed himself, although you had to admit the bedhead appearance looked attractive.