gamer

Having a boyfriend quite literally addicted to gaming wasn't always the easiest, because as much as he loved you, his girlfriend, he also loved games and he'd often choose to spend his whole free time gaming, either alone or with his friends, rather than to spend the time with you.

Which was, quite honestly, happening just now.

You were laying on his bed, bored out of your mind, while he played on his pc, his headset on as he talked to his friends playing with him. You watched him play or scrolled through your phone, but it wasn't what you had anticipated before.

You felt annoyed and irritated you took your time to come here after his invitation when he only planned to ignore you. You were already waiting for him to stop and give you some attention for about two hours.

Finally, you decided that if he won't stop in ten minutes, you'll just go. You've just wasted a whole afternoon because of him.

When he was still deeply engrossed in the game after the ten minutes passed, you started getting up from the bed.

"Y/n? Where are you going?" he called out, not even bothering to look at you, his eyes glued to the screen displayed before him.

"Home," you muttered, not keeping the annoyance out of your voice to show him how you felt.

"Okay," he replied immediately, "get home safely."

Stopping dead in your tracks, you let out a disbelieving gasp. "Thank you," you spat.

He didn't even try to stop you? It led you to question if he did actually love you.

Tears stung your eyes and blurred your vision as you stormed out of his room, shutting the door close a little too loudly than was necessary.

You took your time putting on your shoes as you left his house, somehow hoping he'd come after you and ask you to stay, but he didn't and you felt even more of a fool.

Were you the only one trying in the relationship? You were really starting to think he didn't care.

You ignored his messages for the whole rest of the day.

And then a knock came at your door, around nine in the evening.

"Y/n," he said as you opened your door and his eyes lay on you.

You stood in your doorframe without inviting him inside. "What?" you asked, bored.

"I-" He scratched his neck nervously before continuing, "I prepared something for you."

You frowned. "What?" you repeated.

"Can you come with me?" he pleaded, looking at you with an uncertain smile.

"Come with you just so you can play your games all night?" you mocked, crossing your arms.

"I'm sorry for that," he apologized softly. "I'll make it up to you."

"No, B/f," you sighed, "this isn't the first time. If you love your games more than me, we should just break up."

The suggestion clearly didn't appeal to him, his eyes widening at your words. "What? No!" he hurriedly exclaimed.

"Y/n, I do love you." He stepped closer and took your hand in both of his. "This is the last time it happened, I swear."

"You've said that so many times already."

"Give me just one more chance." He was whispering.

You let out an exasperated breath. "Just one more," you warned him. You meant it and he knew.

He nodded and waited for you to scramble outside, immediately pulling you down to his car. He drove over to his and led you inside, holding your hand the whole way there.

When you two got to his room, you stopped in his doorstep, looking over at the scene in front of you, your grip on his hand tightening slightly.

There, on the fluffy carpet was built a fort of pillows and blankets.

"Let's watch a movie together," he suggested, then quickly added after second thoughts. "Or something else, we can do whatever you want."

You saw he prepared your favorite snack for you, a pc already set in the fort. There was only a lamp illuminating the room with dim lights and casting shadows on the walls.

"No, we can watch a movie."

You two never built any fort together to lay in. B/f had just always said it was too much unnecessary work for something so useless. You knew the way he was, and so the fact he actually built the fort just for the sole purpose of watching a movie there with you warmed your heart.

Then, you remembered suddenly. "But," yiu started, looking at him, "I need to shower first."

His face eased after hearing your comment, glad you actually didn't protest. He wasted no time, knowing what you wanted from him. "Of course! I'll just grab a towel for you, you can get some clothes from the wardrobe."

He scurried off to a drawer where he kept some towels, taking one out for you while you walked up to his wardrobe, shuffling through his t-shirts before picking up one that you liked.

You took a quick shower and dressed into his t-shirt and shorts while he patiently waited for you in his room.

When you entered the room again, he grabbed the wet towel from you to hang it up to dry and then led you to the fort, his hands gripping your waist firmly but gently.

Inside, the bowl was already filled with the snacks, the pc turned on and netflix put on, a blanket ready to cover yourselves up with.

You settled onto the pillows and he slipped close to you. "Pick a movie."

It wasn't always that he let you pick something, claiming your taste is awful, and so you didn't try to argue with him about who's going to pick. After scrolling a little, you finally saw something you liked and clicked on it, the movie beginning to play.

As you leaned back to comfortably lay down, the bowl with snacks in one of your hands, he slipped his hand underneath your head and you leaned against it, his hand holding you by the shoulder while his other came to grasp your own free hand.

"I love you," he whispered into your ear and kissed you.

You knew he was saying the truth.

He definitely won you over.