athlete 2 (requested)

You zipped up your bag, having just finished packing, and sighed contently.

Finally.

You had been packing the whole evening, deciding which clothes to pack, putting them inside, changing your mind and removing them only to put them back in once again - you just couldn't make up your mind which t-shirt you should take, which sneakers. Which lipstick would be better?

Now that you were finally done, with the travel bag all zipped up and full of necessities to last you a week, you could go to bed.

You needed to sleep well tonight, you knew. Because there was no way you would get enough sleep on the beach trip. Even if it wasn't a real trip, but a training session at the beach for one week, you knew you won't sleep much, sharing a room with your friends and just generally feeling excited being right by the beach.

Last week, your coach informed your whole team of this training session. That it got approved by the principal and you were to go and spend a week living by the sea so that you could change up your training a bit, get a little better while also much more motivated.

You've only been to the sea once or twice as a kid and you did not remember much from it, honestly. So you were more than happy to be able to go, and with your friends from the tracks team as well.

You fell into your bedsheets, wrapped yourself in them, and tried to fall asleep.

---

As suspected, it took you a lot of time the previous night to fall asleep as you were looking forward to this morning's start of the beach training.

Thus, now you could not keep your mouth shut and yawned every other second. At least the bus ride will take a few hours. You can still catch up on that lost sleep.

You picked up your bag to load it in the bus. As you stepped inside the bus, a person was already waving you over to sit next to him.

C/n.

"Y/n, I saved you a seat!" he yelled as your eyes glazed over him and the other people sitting inside. Two of your friends were sitting in the same row, just the other side, and two more were sitting in front of you. It was perfect, your whole group managed to sit close.

You strolled to them, greeting them all and crashing down against the seat. "I'm so exhausted but so excited at the same time."

F/n laughed. "Me too, I could barely sleep. I've never been to the seaside."

It only took a couple minutes and a couple more sentences shared during your conversation that the bus finally took off, and one by one, everyone settled into silence as they all craved the same thing - to sleep.

You stifled another yawn as you felt C/n turning his head and staring at you. "If you want to sit next to the window, we can switch," he offered. "It'd be more comfortable to sleep like that." His voice was kept low, just above a whisper so as not to wake anyone up.

You turned your head and stared into his e/c eyes. Your eyes traveled over to the window, looking outside, before finding his own again. "I'm fine. You can keep sitting there. Let's switch on the way back," you said, not really caring about it as you just wanted to sleep as well.

Before you knew it, your head was on C/n's shoulder and you felt his breath softly on the top of your head.

~~~

"Y/n," you heard a muffled voice whisper in your ear, "we're here. Wake up."

A gentle shake of your arm forced you to pry your eyes open, immediately springing up once realizing the situation - you had been sleeping leaned against C/n and remained the last two people on the bus while the others were already sorting out their luggages and bags that the driver had taken out.