drunk visitor

do you guys know the picture of a building and it's night, everything's dark, th windows on the building are all dark except one, where the light is turned on and there is an arrow pointing to thst window with 'artist' written next to it..? well i got this idea bcuz of that pic lol hope you like it!

btw, thank you so much for all your views and votes, we're almost at 6k!!
_______________

You had all your painting supplies spread out in front of you, including the big palette of acrylics and a wide range of brushes resting in a jar filled halfway with water. Before you, there was a canvas laying on the floor, on a plastic tablecloth to avoid staining the wooden floorboard. Your back was cramped and hurting, changing your sitting positions often as you tried to get comfortable on the pillow you were sitting on.

You were painting. It was soon nearing the semester finals and you, being in an art school, needed to supply your teachers with some form of crafts, one of them being a big canvas painting.

Now, why were you painting it on the floor? Simply because the canvas was too big to fit anywhere else - the floor was the most spacious and convenient option for you in your rented apartment.

You set the brush you had been using into the jar with water and stood up, stretching your poor back and arms. It was almost two hours you had been working on it - a time for you to take a break. besides, you were beginning to feel tired seeing as it was the middle of the night, presumably around three am.

You just simply had no time to work on it during the day, with your other projects and responsibilities, that you mainly painted the painting only during the night. Usually, you wouldn't stay up this late, though. You'd start working on the painting around evening and finish sometime before or around midnight - you always painted only for two or three hours at once, normally. You just felt it was better that way, not to rush too much and taking your time to think and sleep well so that the next day, you'd be able to look at the painting freshly and be more precise with it.

This night was an exception, staying so late. You were watching a show and somehow, it took longer than anticipated since you kind of decided to binge watch it whole - but the show really was asking for it, always leaving you st cliffhangers - and thus, you also started to paint much later. But it didn't matter much - it was Friday, or maybe better said, Saturday's early morning, meanityou could sleep until noon afterwards.

You picked up the jar with brushes as you yawned, heading into the bathroom to wash them. Leaving the canvas there on the floor and setting aside your avrylic colors and brushed, you were just wiping your hands dry when a knock on the door interrupted you.

Well, it was more of a loud, persistent pounding on it rather than a simple, light knock. You honestly thought the person would break the door free from its hinges, given the force of their knocking as you approached the door carefully.

Open? Or no?

You weren't sure and stared at the door for a good minute - after all, what kind of a person would come knocking so loudly on a person's door at three in the morning?

"Mariah, are you there? Open up, will you?" a voice came out from the other side, slurped and wavering. The words were tangled together, some said a little too fast, some a little too slow, some bunched together into one big mess, but you understood what the person said. It was a masculine voice, probably some kind of a boy who got too drunk at a party.

Because the person was definitely drunk from the way you heard them talk.

Should I just leave him there? Maybe he got lost, having no sense of direction...

You contemplated for another minute about what you should do, all the while the person was still there knocking at your very own door. You wondered how long it'd take for him to abandon your door.