dance classes (requested)

Taking a deep breath, you stepped through the wooden door into the big hall used for dance training. You were met with familiar faces accompanied by a few friendly waves to greet you. You had been attending the dance classes for some weeks now, so you already knew most of the people, even if you weren't particularly close to them.

You've just always liked dancing, even though people wouldn't usually assume so given your slightly chubbier frame. Nevertheless, you enjoyed it despite not being able to dance for as along as the other as your body wasn't fit enough yet - but you were working on it.

"Is everyone here already?" the man who was training the class called out as he stepped in close after you, one more student quickly trailing in behind him and closing the door. The instructor shot him a glance.

You walked into the changing room and found a place for you to put away your bag and other belongings you had with you in between the other things of others who had come before you. You would already come here in the clothes you meant to dance in and so you didn't need to change, but you brought a spare change so that you could change into fresh, clean clothes after the class was finished.

You all began to get into your corners of the big room, finding a spot with space enough to move around. Stretching was always how you started, and it usually took up some space.

After you were done with it, the instructor clapped his hands and shouted for you all to hear, "get into pairs, we'll practice the dance we've been learning!"

As always, people around you dashed around to get to their partners. There was on odd number of people in your group and the luck just had it you were the one left out, without a partner to dance with.

"Y/n!" the instructor called out your name and you made your way to him. It was only natural he'd make you his partner when you didn't have one, carefully demonstrating both his moves and yours, correcting them slightly if need be. You also got used to it by now, what else could you have done, anyway? It wasn't really your fault there wasn't anyone else you could dance with, even though it felt a little awkward at first for you and you'd still wished you could rather dance with someone learning just like you.

He held you by the arm when you got to him at last, getting into the starting position as his eyes trailed over everybody else as well, seeing if they did good. Then, he went over the dance, breaking down each single move, explaining the footing and arms placement just like he did at every start of the class for review. You were pretty sure you all knew it by heart now with the countless times he had said it.

Then, the music began to play and with it, you all began to dance as well. You completely forgot the fact you were dancing with the instructor and let yourself be utterly enveloped by the dance. It seemed to be finished in a split second, yet you felt a little sweaty at the end.

"Alright, everyone!" the instructor shouted once again to get your attention. "I see you're already pretty familiar with the dance and you are able to do it pretty well - I was thinking, why don't we organize a little party next week as a reward?"

Everyone cheered and clapped while laughing and nodding their heads, happy at the thought of having a little party. You, on the other hand, wondered what you'd do there - dance with a teacher again?

The instructor cut off your thoughts with another shout, "Okay, calm down everybody! We'll go over it again, just in case."

The chatter slowly died down and you all danced a bunch more, leaving you tired at the end, but still feeling good from the thrill dancing brought you.

Ending the class with some simple stretches and exercises before being dismissed, the all of you rushing into the changing rooms to get your stuff and change into new clothes. Just as you were about to walk out through the same wooden door you used to enter, the instructor called your name and beckoned for you to come closer.