strawberries and chocolate

a/n: yes i know its april (almost may) but i just honestly had this idea and thought it would be perfect to set on valentines day even tho its long past already
--------

Valentine's day was nearing. In fact, there was only one day left.

"Sooo," your boyfriend started, looking over at you, who were sitting next to him on the train as you were travelling home from uni.

The two of you had been together since the first year there and by your second one, also living together.

The apartment you had rented wasn't all that far from the university, but the train was faster than the bus, surprisingly. Moreover, it was a little cheaper.

You looked back at Y/bf, waiting for what he has to say.

"Tomorrow's Valentine's," he stated without adding anything more.

Of course, you already knew that.

You quirked your eyebrow at him, "and?"

"What do you mean, 'and'?" he asked back, clearly displeased with the answer you had provided him with.

"Well, I know that it's tomorrow."

He exhaled loudly. "I meant," he pronounced out each syllable clearly, "what do you want to do?"

"Oh!" you exclaimed, understanding.

Truthfully, you didn't think about it. To you, Valentine's was just as ordinary and simple day as any other, not being much of a romantic, but to Y/bf, he felt it was his duty to prepare some enormous surprise or a date for you.

Prior, though, you had told him you don't like such gestures and so were pleasantly surprised to hear him ask about what you want to do.

Normally, your plan would simply include going home, eating and sleeping, maybe finish some school stuff, but knowing him and given his nature, he wouldn't let Valentine's day be so ordinary. He'd want to make it more special and if you would have told him only this answer, he'd definitely think of something more to do even if you'd tell him not to.

So you pondered for a while to think of something simple enough for you, yet something romantic enough for him.

Most preferably something which wouldn't include you leaving the apartment, but rather staying inside, being lazy.

Something like...

"Let's just cook a dinner but make it fancy or something. You know I'm not the type to like these things that much," you suggested.

But of course, you did think of something more to please him, only you'd keep it a surprise. You knew a dinner would be too little for him but he was still grateful for even the little effort and sacrifice you were willing to put in, he'd try to stick to your wish instead of getting out of your ways to prepare something bigger.

And so, since you knew he was wishing for a little more than what you had just told him, you were going to make a little surprise for him.

You loved him, after all, and wanted him to enjoy Valentine's day how he wanted.

"Okay," he replied, his tone becoming a little less enthusiastic after hearing your simple answer.

------

Valentine's day was here. But it was also a Saturday and you liked to sleep in when you got the chance.

And thus you both scrambled out of bed around lunch.

After whipping out a quick and easy breakfast, you changed and got ready to go shopping.

"Hey, I'm gonna get some groceries for the dinner tonight, okay?" you told him as you were about to head out.