dream

You listened to the soft, rhythmic exhales and inhales coming out of both your and his chest, even though his breathing was accompanied by an occasional little snore as well.

You breathed shallowly, partly because he had his weight on your chest and partly because you did not want to wake him up by taking too deep of a  breath, causing too much movement.

It was a peaceful moment.

Other than the sound of your breaths, it was completely and undoubtedly still - the whole of the world was asleep but you. Silence sprawled across everything, calming down your restless thoughts to let you enjoy this moment fully.

B/f stirred, pressing his head against the fabric of your pyjama. The warmth radiating off of his body provided you with just enough to not need a blanket, but yet the chilly summer night breeze that snuck past your window into your room from time to time made goosebumps appear on your skin.

You imagined you were lying beneath the bare sky, gazing up into the starlit sea above you all. You loved the stars ever since you were little - even though your ceiling was plain, your eyes knew how to place the stars and trace constellations by memory.

Your imagination was so vivid you swore you saw one star fall.

Even if it would be just a dizzy thought, a sign that the weariness was finally coming to you as well, you closed your eyes nonetheless and made a wish in your head.

You wished the moment could last forever, that the sun would never reach the horizon and wake the world up from its hopeful dreaming.

Unconsciously, you rubbed your thumb over B/f's hand. It was bigger and stronger compared to yours, and yet he took immense care to hold you gently with them, one laying across your side and clutching your waist gently with the other hidden in one of yours.

Your legs were tangles, almost as if the two of you were connected by birth, or perhaps the stars. It was hard to pinpoint where exactly you were starting and he beginning, so perfectly you molded into one another.

B/f mumbled something in his sleep again, with his head position on your chest, but done so that it wouldn't hurt you. With your free hand, you brushed his hair gently.

The whole setting of the scene was rather unromantic - your simple room, with walls filled with posters and photos, a desk messy with school supplies, closet and the bed you resided in currently, with a not so new mattress and a pillow quite too floppy.

But the two people sharing the bed, the mattress and the pillow, that is where the love found home. That is where the romance lived, no matter the place or time it happened at.

Your heart swelled with emotions, love, gratitude, joy, and your eyes brimmed with tears at the mere realization that there is a person who you love and who loved you with just as much depth. The mere realization of feeling love, the mere experience of loving was enough for you to get emotional.

You needed to bite your lip to focus on the pain, so as to prevent crying then and there. You did not want to wake the sleeping boy up, not when you were suddenly feeling so vulnerable and overwhelmed by emotions.

It is so beautiful, you thought. And indeed it was, that you two got the chance at something so powerful, so strong as love itself.

This moment, him in you and you in him, tangled and connected, your hearts beating simultaneously, that was the sense of the word. The meaning of love, the meaning of peace, the meaning of life.

Although the boy was not present in sharing your thoughts at the moment due to him being lost in the realm of dreams, it was still an act of love because you trusted him, you knew he loved you as well.

Although there were no physicalities, no obvious endeavor of affection, the intimacy within your minds was enough to describe love - or perhaps not, because love was indescribable.

But you did not need to say any words to understand anything - the sole presence of the whirlwind in your heart, the butterflies in your stomach were enough to assure you.

Without meaning to, you breathed deeply, your chest raising higher and disturbing the position of B/f's head slightly because of the movement - he turned his head to the side a little bit, but did not wake up.

You retrieved your hand from his hair and put it under your head. With your eyes, your vision traveled up to the ceiling once more to reveal the stars up there only you could see.

You were a firm believer that the stars watched out and looked after you, and for that, you were glad to always have them near, even if you could not see them during the day.

You and B/f met under the stars.

It was a couple years earlier, that you had been going home while it was dark outside, and the sky was just clear, the light in the streets just dim enough for you to be able to see the stars appearing one by one in the midnight black sky. And as you were looking up at them, following their patterns, your walk was interrupted by another person bumping into you due to not paying attention just like you.

It was an encounter that had nothing unusual about it in particular, and yet you now found each other laying together in an embrace, comfortable enough to let the other see their hurt, weak side.

Stars have just always guided you on the right tracks, it seemed.

They guided you to your galaxy, for you to create your own world together with the boy you adored the most, with the whole of your precious heart and soul.

You tightened your grip on his hand so as to not let him slip away while dreaming, and slept yourself.