Chapter seven

I exited the elevator and rushed towards Eduardo's office

I exited the elevator and rushed towards Eduardo's office. I wanted to believe that the possibility of my father being a much more significant part of Brielle's life was all just some story he made up.

But to know now that Brielle's actual father was rotting in our estate's underground cell and was tortured by the ex-man of the house was devastating.

In some sense, I worried if Brielle would ever want to bear my family's name after what they'd done to her family.

He did to her.

She told me she loved her parents more than anything and their death brought her far more grief than anything in this world. She lost a future she would've had, a childhood that would've been different from the one she had now. And Evera lost two grandparents who would've loved her unconditionally.

Although another part of me wondered if her parents had never been killed, would we have ever met. It was a tragic thought to have, but life worked in mysterious ways and perhaps all of this was meant to be.

A guard stood by his office door and placed his hand on the handle, forbidding me from entry. I looked at him, taking my gun out of the holster I had strapped onto my body. The man remained composed even once I pressed the gun to his temple. We were almost the same height but he seemed to fear the man inside the door, not the one before him with a gun pressed against his head.

"If you have any desire to live, you'll open that fucking door," I gritted out in Italian, pressing the muzzle harder against him.

"My boss has instructed me otherwise," he said, remaining calm. I smiled as I released an amused breath.

"Your boss isn't in charge when I am around," I said, turning the safety off of the gun. "But I guess you missed that lesson in training, didn't you?" I fired before a choir of screams echoed in the back and the guard's blood splattered across the nearest glass. He dropped to the floor as I opened the door and put my gun away.

Eduardo looked up from his computer screen, his face still swollen and bloody. He was up to something most likely, but I had a different topic to engage in.

"The role really suits you, Nicolas," I shut the door behind me before I approached his desk and felt my emotions start to get the best of me.

"You were the one that killed George and Marie, weren't you?" All it took for me to be certain he did in fact do it, was that slight widening of his eyes which would've looked innocent to any other person walking by.

"How did you find out? Was it he who told you? Once again you stuck your nose where it did not belong, huh?" He said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"What involves Brielle, directly involves me, papa. Why did you try to kill them?" Eduardo remained silent, staring at me with a strange expression. "Why did you kill them!" I raised my voice before hitting my hands against his desk.