Chapter twenty-one

Hours before

Hours before

I watched Colson's smug face through the rear-view mirror. He looked so vain in this moment yet knew nothing of what I was actually capable of.

"How lovely to see you, Colson," I said and leaned back in my seat as if I didn't have a stranger in my car. "Care to explain your presence here?" He smiled and took out a gun from his jacket. I didn't even sweat once I saw it since I cared so little about the outcome. I cleared my throat and smiled at the mirror. The asshole pressed the muzzle of the gun against my temple. The cold of the metal affected me significantly more than the fact that someone had actually pressed a damned gun against my head.

Did he even know who I was?

"Now, now, Colson, what is this about? Revenge for taking your ex-girlfriend, whom you treated so poorly she couldn't think of anyone else other than me every time you touched her?" I teased, seeing the way his jaw clenched and how he tightened his hold on the weapon.

"You have balls if you're acting this calm," his words brought a chuckle out of me.

"You have no idea, Testa di cazzo," I mumbled before he hit the muzzle against my head, waking the true demon relishing inside me. It'd been hidden for a long time yet it knew exactly when to come out to play. "I would advise you to tread very carefully with me, Colson. I might not have the gun but I do have your life on the line," I said and smiled wickedly in the mirror. He seemed confused and perhaps even distressed but I couldn't care less about his well-being.

"And I have yours," he said before hitting the safety of the gun. I might have been scared shitless if I had not experienced this so many times in the past.

"Tell me, boy, what has that poor father of yours done with Carlo? Huh? Has he gotten to Brielle before I did?" I mused. I may have been playing with his patience but buying myself some time was the key trick to gaining the upper hand.

If he had truly wanted me dead, he would've killed me already.

"I believe your observations might be true, Nicolas. And I will have a blast with that girl until you comply to our terms," I smiled as I looked down at my lap. I occupied myself with my tattoos and observed them. I liked tracing the lines of the art with my eyes and imagining Brielle doing it with her fingertips.

"You mean Carlo's terms? After all, your father is just his bitch while you are a damned puppet," I glanced through the mirror and saw the thoughts behind his eyes.

That's right, I'll show you how worthless you actually are.

"As far as anyone is concerned, you two are just the pawns in his game. In a plan so big that will end you and your father the moment he achieves his goal." I shrugged. "It's upsetting but it is the truth, Colson."

"Shut your mouth-"

"How did he find out where Bráulio was?" I asked, skipping straight to what I was actually interested in.