Chapter eight

I finished smoking my cigarette and drove into the garage of my apartment complex

I finished smoking my cigarette and drove into the garage of my apartment complex. With a few minutes to kill before Greta arrived here, I managed to make myself a drink and relax on the couch as I retrieved my phone and shot a text to Nate.

Nicolas: Anything?

Nothing was coming out of the predator and with everything I found out yesterday, I needed some time to think. I didn't know where Brielle was yet and until I did, there was nothing I could do but try to find her.

For that reason, Greta flew here from the US and was willing to stay here, under my roof, to help me in any way she could. It will be nice that I will be near and will be able to help her if she needs anything even if she is fully capable of succeeding on her own.

I was living on two hours of sleep and endless hours of mayhem as I stared at the ceiling in my bedroom.

My father killed Kassian and wasn't even remotely remorseful about it. If I thought I knew who Eduardo was, I was fucking wrong. I expected him to be vengeful and fully determined but to kill his own son when he didn't even know what he had done wrong was just absurd.

Now that I knew the truth, it made the past slightly clearer. I would leave Eduardo's fate up to Brielle when she was back. But now, I needed time to find her.

"Nice to see you," I heard Greta's voice, coming through the hall. I turned my head towards her and nodded once in greeting. I wasn't in the mood for pleasantries after the strenuous night I experienced.

"How was the flight?" I asked as she walked up to the couch adjacent to mine and set her black Hermes bag on top of it.

"Good, but I know this is just for courtesy," she said as she smiled at me and then lowered her eyes to the tumbler on the table. "Tell me this is the first one today," I nodded. "Good," she said as she took out her laptop and held it in her hand.

"We can go to the office if you want. Or the dining room," she looked behind the couch and nodded.

"Yeah, it'll be more spacious," she was the first to reach the space before I rose to my feet and followed her. She sat down at the end of the table and opened her laptop. "Could you bring your own here?" I nodded and did as she pleased.

Two minutes later, I sat next to her, looking at the CCTV footage she managed to capture from Brielle's neighbourhood.

"Exactly three hours before the abduction happened," she went on. "I found a black Audi passing by the house. I would've eliminated this as a suspicion if I hadn't already looked through the footage from about a month ago."

I watched as a black Audi passed the house and stopped right before the curb. It looked like about five minutes passed before it retrieved but this wasn't just some innocent stop.

"Look at this," Greta zoomed into the video, aiming at the passenger side window. A camera lens appeared right against the window before it was gone and the car pulled away. "This was planned. Well before you two got back together."