Chapter thirty-four

"What the actual fuck?" I looked up and felt as though I would actually drop dead to the floor

"What the actual fuck?" I looked up and felt as though I would actually drop dead to the floor. "Fiore." The pan dropped onto the floor, making a loud bang, that I wish hadn't happened.

"Oh my god, Nicolas!" She cupped my face as she looked at my forehead for any sign of bruising. "Are you alright? I got scared and that was the closest-" I took her face into my hands and kissed her like it was the last time I ever could. I had missed her beautiful face and those soft lips that I loved kissing every damned morning.

It had been so long since I last saw her that I wanted to whisk her away and stare at her vibrant eyes for the time being.

But inside I knew that she hadn't come here expecting to see me. I pulled my lips away from hers as I searched her face for any signs of injury.

"I'm fine, Nicolas," I placed a kiss on her forehead before she pushed herself away from me and headed into the kitchen. I looked her up and down, noticing the bloody hands and the plethora of scars lacing them.

"What-" I started whispering but she opened a freezer and took out a pack of ice. "Fiore, I don't need-" she turned to me and after wrapping the ice in some cloth she found nearest, pressed it right against my forehead. I placed my hands on her hips as her hand gently caressed my head.

"I really did not think it was you," I smiled, pulling her closer to me.

"I really do not care, fiore. Tell me where is Greta?"

"You know, the place you told her to go to is really beaten down," I frowned before pushing the ice away from my head, so I could look at her better.

"Brielle, what do you mean? Did you type the address correctly?" She frowned, looking at me as though I was telling her some secret fine prints of an atomic bomb.

"Yes, she put it in herself but she got injured during a car chase and-"

"Hold up, car chase?" She nodded before placing the ice on my forehead again. I grabbed the pack and held it myself before I leaned against a counter and waited for her to explain.

"I'll tell you about that later. But we arrived at this deserted apartment complex, I guess, and I had to go get some medicine for her fever," she said, making me wonder if we hadn't made a mistake with the location. But I was certain we hadn't. Bráulio gave me a few locations to choose from and Nate and I settled on a small condo near the estate. It would've been comfortable for the both of them and then tomorrow morning we could safely visit them.

I was certain that Bráulio hadn't fucked me over since our last conversation out on the terrace but now I was beginning to think whether or not Alice's appearance was the first in the chain reaction that was William's plan.

"I thought I could go to a store to get some Aspirin but I didn't want anyone tracking our location," I sighed as she walked up to the sink to wash her hands with soap. "I thought I could find Nate and get him out to the car but I ran into you," I smiled.