Ellie (Future Series 2)

"Ellie! Stop!" is all that Tim heard as he entered the house.

"Luce?" he called, trying to identify where the sound was coming from. Suddenly, he felt something clinging to his leg.

"Daddy!" the little girl shouted, jumping up and down as she held onto Tim's leg.

"Hey, Ellie," Tim says, bending down to give the girl a kiss on the cheek.

"There you are," said Lucy, walking over to the front door. "I've been chasing her around for ten minutes,"

Tim chuckled softly as he planted a soft kiss on her lips.

"Good day at work?" Lucy asked, her lips still brushing over Tim's.

"Great," Tim smiled into Lucy's lips.

Then, Ellie took off running again.

"Oh no," Lucy says, throwing her hands to her side to continue chasing the toddler.

Tim smiled as he watched the two of them dart around the house.

"Did you start making dinner yet?" he shouted, hoping his voice would carry through the house.

"No," Lucy shouted back, he assumed that they had made it into Ellie's playroom.

"I'll order something online, is Tamara going to be home?"

"Yes," Lucy says, emerging with Ellie in her arms. "She is just a ball of energy today,"

"Did she nap?" asked Tim.

"No, which makes it even more mind-blowing that she has this much energy, I'm exhausted."

Tim smiled, "We are crushing parenting,"

"Speak for yourself, you go to work every day,"

"We have a live-in nanny,"

Lucy clicked her tongue, "Oh, you mean my 'puppy'?"

"I like dogs," Tim shrugged. Lucy gave him a playful slap on the arm.

Lucy rolled her eyes and turned to Ellie, "What about a little TV?" she says, heading for the living room.

Tim smiled as he watched them together. In his eyes, Lucy was the best mom for his kids, certainly better than what Isabel would've been.

He hated comparing the two, but it was refreshing for him to see the differences.

"How about Chinese?" he suggests, picking up his phone.

"We just had that last week," said Lucy, re-emerging from the living room. "Italian?"

"Sure," Tim smiled, "You go shower, I'll take care of Ellie and the food,"

"Thanks," Lucy smiled, running up the stairs and looking forward to time for herself.

Lucy felt like she hadn't showered in months. Between figuring out her work schedule to align with when Tamara is free and taking care of Ellie, she never realized how little alone time she had.

Tamara had always been great with taking care of Ellie even if it was at the last minute, but Lucy realized that Tamara needs her own time too.

Finding a sitter for when Tamara isn't around has been hard. All of the ones Wesley and Angela had suggested were way out of Tim and Lucy's budget.

Instead, she found herself taking off work at least three days out of the week. Tamara tried her best to be there, but college has gotten in the way.

Tim offered to alternate days with Lucy so she wouldn't have to take off work so much, but Lucy knew how restless Tim would get if he wasn't at work.

Lucy let the warm water drip down her face. Washing her hair has never felt so good.

After a thirty-minute "everything" shower, she wrapped herself up in her robe.

She could hear Tim chasing Ellie around the house downstairs. And to think that she and Tim wanted to have another kid.

She smiled to herself at the thought of Tim chasing a slippery toddler.

"Lucy! The food is here!" Tim shouted up the stairs.

"Just a minute!" she shouted back, throwing on a clean pair of clothes.

She made her way downstairs to find Ellie already in her high chair and the table set.

"That was quick," said Lucy, taking her seat at the table.

"I'm efficient," said Tim, spooning some pasta onto Ellie's plate.

They should've known better than to give a toddler pasta with red sauce. Before they knew it, Ellie's shirt, the floor, their shirts, and the table were all red.

"Parenting - 1, us - 0," Lucy muttered.

"You want to take her for a bath or should I?" asked Tim.

"You go, I'll deal with all of...this," said Lucy. "Bring down all of the stained clothes so I can start a load of laundry,"

Lucy got to work, doing her best to get rid of all of the red on the wooden floors and glass table.

An hour later, a load of laundry was done and Tim finally came back downstairs.

"Our food is definitely cold now," said Lucy, looking back at all of the food left.

"That's why we have a microwave," said Tim, bringing their plates into the kitchen.

"We are totally crushing parenting," said Lucy.

"Totally."

~~~

A/N: heyy!! personally, i would love to see chenford being parents. leave suggestions for one-shots and rewrites!!