The List

Lucy glared at the piece of paper in front of her.

The ugliest number she could possibly think of, 17.

She didn't know how to react, she just stared.

"I'll die on this list, sarge." she muttered, staring straight ahead at the paper.

"Hang in there," was all he said before going back into his office.

"Hey," Tim smiled, coming around the corner. "Is that the list?"

Lucy stayed silent. She just stared straight ahead.

Tim peered over her shoulder, taking a deep breath in.

A single tear fell from Lucy's eye.

"Hey," Tim said, placing his hands on her shoulders. "When the time comes, you'll be the most kick-ass detective Primm has ever seen."

"Yeah," Lucy mumbled.

"You studied so hard. You deserve to be on the top of that list."

"I know."

"Let's go home, okay?"

Lucy turned to face Tim. Her eyes were red.

All she could do was nod. She didn't know what to say. She had felt like such a failure.

The car ride home was completely silent. Lucy stared out the window as they drove home, Tim didn't know what to say to her.

When they had finally made it back to Lucy's apartment, Tim finally broke the silence.

"Why don't you uh,  take a shower. I'll go ahead and order some dinner." he said, placing the keys in the small dish by the door.

"Yeah," Lucy said, turning into her bedroom.

Tim wasn't good at this. He was never good at comforting people.

Luckily for him, Lucy was great at everything. He never had to comfort her when she felt like a failure.

Until tonight.

The best he could come up with was ordering her favorite sushi and pouring her a big glass of wine. 

After what seemed like forever, Lucy finally emerged from her bedroom with wet hair and a towel draped over her shoulders.

"Sushi?" she smiled.

"Mhm," Tim whispered, gesturing towards the couch. "I have sushi, wine, and mindless reality TV."

Lucy giddily made her way over to the couch and quickly began sipping her wine. "You're the best."

"I know." Tim smiled.

~~~

A/N: HELLOOOO!!! first week without a new episode 🥲🥲 lets all try and hang in there for two more weeks (i'll be crying every night without chenford content)!!! anyway leave suggestions for more stories!!