Secrets and Lies (6x05 SPOILER)

Lucy couldn't believe the nerve of him.

To be awol for the past 36 hours and to just show up at her apartment.

"Where the hell were you?" she demanded, standing up from her chair.

"Just hear me out," Tim says, putting his two hands in front of him in an attempt to calm her down.

"Hear you out? You've been gone for over 24 hours and haven't answered any of my calls!"

"Lucy, I--"

"--No. No, you don't get to talk," she fumes. "I have been worried sick about you and the first thing that you say to me is 'just hear me out'? Not even a sorry?"

"I'm sorry," Tim says, looking down.

"Now are you going to tell me where you were? What you were doing? Who you were with?"

"I can't,"

Lucy scoffs, "Like hell, you can't,"

"Lucy, I can't,"

"Why?"

Tim stares at the ground.

"Why, Tim?" she raises her voice.

"Because it will put you in jeopardy with the station,"

"What the.." she whispers. "Did you commit a crime?"

"No," Tim says, swallowing the lump in his throat. "I didn't."

"So are you going to tell me who you were with?"

"I can't,"

"So what are you doing here then?"

"I.." Tim laughs dryly. "I came to see you."

"Wow," Lucy laughs, placing her palm on her forehead and pacing back and forth. "Way to make it sound like you're the hero. Doing some charity work."

"I didn't say that,"

"Right," Lucy says, looking at him in the eye. "Tim, if you cannot tell me the truth.." she trails.

"What?" Tim asks, taking a step closer to her.

"I need you to leave,"

"Lucy.."

"Tim,"

"Can we just--"

"--Can we just what? Order in and watch TV?"

Tim stares at her. It was like everything he was saying was wrong.

"We can't, Tim. Not until you're honest with me. I can't keep doing this."

"Keep doing what?"

"Keep pretending that everything is okay. That I'm okay with you closing yourself off every time something reminds you of a bad memory."

"That's not fair,"

"You want to know what's not fair? That even if I'm going through something, I still have to be emotionally here for you even when you close yourself off."

"I didn't ask you to do that,"

"You didn't have to. I just do it. So if you can't be honest with me, then I'm going to bed." she says, heading off to her room.

"Hey, no," Tim says, grabbing her by the hand. "We don't go to bed upset with each other."

Lucy turns to look at him. He was right.

"Fine," she sighs. "Can I just have a minute? Alone."

"Yeah," Tim says, squeezing her hand before letting go.

~~~

A/N: i did NOT appreciate how tonights episode ended. i wrote this because this is what i would've liked to happen 🥲 anyway IM SO NERVOUS FOR NEXT WEEKS EP??? the promo is the death of me, i cannot. anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this little story!! maybe i'll do a part two of them talking it out. also, if you guys are waiting for update notifications on either the one-shots or Undeniable, make sure to follow me because i announce when new chapters are posted on my conversations board!! you guys should also be able to leave messages on the board so it could be super fun to have convos with you guys :) leave suggestions for more stories!!