The UC

"Hands above your head, interlace your fingers," Tim barked.

Lucy obeyed like the others, resting her hands behind her head. Tim took long strides to approach her, bringing her hands down behind her back.

"You okay?" he whispered into her ear, closing the metal bracelets around her wrists.

She gave him a slight nod as he led her to his shop.

It was like a routine for them every time Lucy went undercover. Tim was always the one to take Lucy back to the station, regardless if he had to put her in cuffs.

"How was it?" he asked as they drove away. "Fine," she said, looking out the window.

"I think this was the longest amount of time that I've been undercover," Lucy added.

Tim pulled over to uncuff Lucy. "And you took down another drug operation,"

"I did, didn't I?" Lucy giggled as Tim began to drive again.

Their rides back to the station were typically filled with them catching up on everything that they had missed while Lucy was away.

"You okay?" Grey asked as Lucy got out of the shop.

"Fine as always," Lucy smiled.

Tim came up behind Lucy with a small backpack. "A change of clothes," he said, handing her the bag.

"Oh my gosh, thank you. These clothes that I'm wearing are disgusting," said Lucy, hurrying off to the locker room.

~~~

Lucy immediately jumped into the shower as soon as they arrived back at her apartment.

"I don't think that I've had a shower this good in two weeks," she shouted from the bathroom.

Tim shook his head, smiling, as he unpacked her bag.

After a very long shower, Lucy finally emerged from the bathroom wearing a silk robe and her hair up in a towel.

"You have no idea how good that felt," said Lucy, finding Tim on the couch drinking a beer.

"I bet," said Tim, taking another swig. "How are the showers when you're undercover?"

"Well, I mean...depends on where I am. Sometimes I don't even shower at all," said Lucy.

"That's.." Tim scoffed.

"Disgusting? I know," said Lucy, taking her hair out of the towel and joining Tim on the couch.

She snuggled into his arms as Tim raked his hands through her wet hair.

"Kojo really missed you," he says, breaking the silence.

"Really?" she chuckled, looking up at Tim.

"How was Tamara?" Lucy asked, brushing her hair with her fingers.

Tim shrugged, "I came by every night like you asked, she never needed food and was always out doing something with her friends,"

"Well, it is summer," said Lucy, sitting up. "I'm going to blow dry my hair so it isn't all crazy later,"

Tim smiled at her and sighed as she walked away.

He hated the idea of her being a UC. Though it was what made her happy, he was sick with worry every time she was gone.

"What do you want for dinner?" he shouted into the bathroom.

"Ooh! I've been craving sushi for the past two weeks," said Lucy.

Tim chuckled as he began to order the food.

"Hey, are you okay?" said Lucy, emerging from the bathroom.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You just seem...off,"

"No," Tim shook his head. "I'm fine,"

"You're worried because I'm a UC," said Lucy.

It was always like this. The biggest conflict in their relationship. Not that they fought often or at all, really, but Lucy being a UC seemed to be an underlying issue.

Tim sighed, "Am I wrong for being worried?"

"No, of course not," said Lucy, joining Tim on the couch. "I just...want you to be honest with me. If this bothers you that much I can change--"

"--No, no. This is my problem, not yours,"

"Yeah, but it becomes my problem if you act like this every time I come back,"

"I'm not going to let you change your job because of my issues,"

"Tim, I love being a UC, but I don't love my job more than I love you,"

Tim shook his head, "It's fine, Lucy. I'll get over it,"

Lucy sighed, "I'm serious,"

"So am I,"

"Fine," said Lucy. "But I'm serious about being able to change my job. I can be a detective or something,"

"What? So you and Lopez can gossip about me all day? No way," Tim scoffed.

"She has some really interesting pictures of you," Lucy chuckled, snuggling next to Tim.

~~~

A/N: hii! this story was a bit on the sadder side as i usually write a lot of fluff! sorry that the endings of my stories have been kind of all over the place but i've just been trying to post whenever i can before school starts up again. leave suggestions for more stories!