Spilling The Beans

Lucy had always been good at keeping their relationship a secret. She always had airtight excuses and was always prepared for people to ask follow-up questions.

As much as Tim hated to admit it, it's probably why Lucy was such a good UC. She was able to think quickly on her feet and make her lies believable.

Tim on the other hand, was the worst liar in the world. He was awful at coming up with cover-up stories, even with Lucy's help.

And now, Angela knew.

"I knew it," she says, pointing her finger at Tim. "Oh my god, that first time I asked you if you had feelings for Lucy, you lied to me!"

Tim's jaw was practically on the floor. "I shouldn't have said anything, Lucy will kill me."

"Why? Does she not want anyone to know?"

"I mean, we started dating when I was in her chain of command, and she worked so hard at coming up with cover-ups,"

Angela gave him a sly smile, "Does anyone else know?"

"Grey,"

Angela's jaw dropped, "You told Grey but not me?"

"I had to, I needed a reason to get out of Lucy's chain of command," Tim says, putting his hands up in defense.

Angela rolled her eyes. "I'm not saying that I'm going to say something to anyone, but it's going to get out eventually."

"What? That Lucy and I are dating? No, it won't,"

"You were a babbling mess like two minutes ago telling me every detail about your guys' relationship. You're turning into Lucy,"

"I am not."

"Lucy is a babbler, yet somehow she wasn't the first one to break,"

Tim shook his head, "That's not fair, she's a trained UC. She was taught how to lie,"

"Anyone can lie, Bradford. Not everyone is good at it. You're living proof of that,"

Tim put his hand over his heart, trying to act hurt. "I'll have you know, I am proud that I'm a bad liar,"

"Mhm," says Angela. "How is being a bad liar working out for you right now?"

Tim shook his head as he walked away from Angela.

He found Lucy alone in the break room, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Hi," she smiled. "Want some?" she offered, holding the cup out to Tim.

"I'm good," he says, waving her off. "We have a problem,"

Lucy tilted her head, "What problem?"

"Angela knows,"

Lucy's eyes widened, "You told her?"

"To be fair, she's really good at interrogation,"

Lucy swatted him on the arm, "I made you a cover story for the other night,"

"Okay, well, she kept asking questions. More than you prepared me for,"

Lucy shook her head, "So what do we do now?"

"I mean, we could tell everyone. I'm not in your chain of command anymore,"

"Or we could just see how this plays out,"

"Like what, not make-up cover stories? Not watch how we act around others anymore?"

Lucy nodded, "Exactly. People will figure it out and we won't have to have that awkward conversation,"

Tim smiled, "So should we stop worrying about what we look like after we have some fun the night before? You could even walk into the station with just my shirt on,"

"No," Lucy deadpanned.

"Worth a shot,"

~~~

A/N: yet another really short story, sorry!! i wasn't quite sure how to write it since they completely left it out of the show. leave suggestions!!