The Lie Detector (6x02 SPOILERS)

Lucy didn't know what to expect as soon as she walked into the interrogation room.

She certainly didn't expect to see Tim sitting there with a lie detector.

"What is all this?" Lucy chuckled as she closed the door behind her.

"I need to prove to you that I did not undermine you at a crime scene, what better way to prove it than with a lie detector?" Tim says, wrapping the cuff around his arm.

Skeptical, Lucy took a seat. "So I can ask you anything?"

"Mhm," Tim mumbled. "Hit me."

"Did you undermine me at the crime scene?" she asks softly.

"No." Tim says rather quickly. 

They both turn their heads to look at the screen.

"True," Lucy smiled. "Good."

Tim smiled back at her.

"Okay," Lucy hesitated. "Big question."

Tim chuckled softly.

"Do you love me?"

"Yes," Tim says, leaning forward. "I love you."

Lucy grinned as she stared at Tim. She didn't know what to say.

"Okay, even bigger question."

Tim smiled, "Okay,"

"Are you okay with me being an undercover cop?"

Tim took a breath before responding, "Yes,"

Beep!

They both turned their heads to look at the screen.

Lucy should've known this. She thought she knew it. She thought that she had accepted that Tim would never be okay with her being a UC. But for some reason, it bothered her in a way she couldn't explain.

"You little liar," she chuckled.

Tim stared at the screen in disbelief. He was okay with her being a UC, wasn't he?

"I guess we have a bigger problem than we thought," Tim says, turning back to look at Lucy.

"Yeah," Lucy says, rubbing her legs. "I guess we do."

"Lucy, I swear. I'm okay with you being a UC," Tim said.

"Yeah," Lucy says, standing up. "You really must not be for it to beep."

"Lucy," Tim says, standing up with her. "I swear."

"I know that you say you do," Lucy says, putting her hand on the side of his arm. 

"You don't believe me?"

"Wasn't that the point of this whole test? To prove that you're not lying to me?"

"Yeah but I-"

"-it's fine, Tim. Really. I get it," Lucy laughed softly, trying to hide her irritation. 

Why didn't Tim feel like he couldn't trust her enough to tell her the truth about his feelings?

"Lucy," Tim sighed. "I'm fine."

"You can say one thing, but deep down, feel another." Lucy says, grabbing her jacket.

"Why don't you believe me?" Tim says.

"Look, I don't want to fight about this," Lucy says. "Let's just call it a night, okay?"

Tim bit his tongue and sighed. "Fine. I'll see you at the wedding then."

"Wha- you're not coming home with me?" Lucy asks.

"Uhh, I still have paperwork to finish. And you still have studying to do. Let's just call it a night, okay?"

Lucy sighed, she felt defeated. These past two days had been awful. "Yeah," she whispered, heading for the door.

~~~

A/N: DID YALL NOTICE THE CHENFORD PROPOSAL FORESHADOWING PLEASE TELL ME IM NOT THE ONLY ONE. anyway, i truly did not appreciate them being mad at each other for almost an entire episode AGAIN but i did appreciate the first "i love you"'s from both of them. (i know that nolan is technically the main character but i was sad to not see any chenford (or any other character other than baily and nolan) in the 6x03 promo). anyways i have another idea for another story coming off of 6x02 so stay tuned. leave suggestions for more stories!!