Rosalind (part two)

"I don't think that I'll be able to sleep," Lucy says, arranging the air mattress.

"Can't blame you," Tim says. 

Lucy looked around their new bedroom. Tim's desk was pushed up against the wall. Their air mattress' were pushed together to make a bigger bed.

Tamara was set up in her little corner on the other side of the room. 

"Tamara is completely knocked out, which is good. I just don't think that I'll be able to sleep soundly until this is all over," Lucy says, rubbing her forehead.

"Well," Tim shrugs. "We'll figure it out,"

~~~

"Good morning everyone," Grey says, watching everyone enter the roll-call room. "We have some new predicted stats on Rosalind Dyer,"

"Great," Lucy mutters. 

"Assuming that Dyer has a car, we believe that she has just crossed the border from New Mexico and into Arizona," Grey says, pointing to a map. "If she's on foot, she probably hasn't made it very far from the prison,"

The air in the room felt tight. No one dared to breathe. No one looked like they slept well last night.

"There is some good news, however," says Grey. "They caught the guard who helped Dyer escape. His name is Lorenzo Matthews. He confessed this morning,"

"Did he reveal any of Rosalind's plans?" asks Angela.

"No, he immediately lawyered up after his confession,"

The whole room fell silent.

"Look, our best guess is that she's heading to L.A. which is why we have every police officer in California on high alert. Best case scenario is that she's hopped over to Mexico and will be out of our lives forever,"

"And what will we do if she shows up in L.A.?" John asks.

"We will arrest her immediately," 

"But that's assuming we catch her. What if she has a new disguise and goes around killing people without us knowing?" asked Nyla.

"L.A. will turn into a bloodbath while we're all stuck in the station hiding," Tim remarks.

"Look. I know this situation isn't ideal for any of you but we have to put our best foot forward in handling this situation," says Grey.

"Isn't our 'best foot forward' us doing our jobs and protecting the citizens?" Angela asks.

"You and your families were listed in that security cam footage. None of you are going out there alone," said Grey.

"So we won't. None of us go solo," says Tim.

Grey takes a deep sigh. "If I let you do this, I am putting all of your lives at risk,"

"That's what we signed up for, sir," says John.

Grey rubs his forehead before taking a deep breath. "Chen and Bradford, you two ride together. "Harper and Lopez and me and Nolan,"

Lucy and Tim give each other a tight smile.

"But none of you are to respond to any calls," says Grey. "You are to stay in your shops. No pullovers, no little misdemeanors, and certainly no high-risk calls,"

Tim groans, "So what? We're just supposed to drive around like mindless chickens?"

"If I hear that any of you stepped out of your shops to stop a crime, I will call you right back to the station and you will sit in my office until your shifts are over,"

"Fine," Tim quips.

"Now get dressed and stay inside your shops,"

~~~

A/N: hiii! i hope you all are liking this little storyline! leave suggestions for more stories and how you think the rosalind stories should go!