The Picnic

"You are bringing way too much food," Tim said, watching Lucy pack up containers full of cookies and cupcakes.

"You can never have too much dessert," she smiled.

"When you plus ten other people are bringing dessert...you can," Tim says.

Lucy frowned. "Everyone loves dessert,"

"I'm sure they do," Tim says, getting up from the couch. "Come on, we have to go."

"Hold on," Lucy says, darting into her room. "I forgot the sunscreen!"

"Luce," Tim groaned. "We're going to be late. Again."

"No we won't," Lucy says, running out of her room. 

Tim shakes his head, looking at his watch. "We have to be there in ten minutes."

"Okay, okay," Lucy says, grabbing the containers. "Let's go."

~~~

The LAPD annual picnic was as lively as ever. 

"Hey guys," Angela smiles. "What's that?"

"A ton of desserts that were unneeded," Tim sighs.

"They were so needed," Lucy says, swatting Tim's arm.

"Indeed they were," Angela says, taking the container from Lucy. "I'll put these on the table."

The park was decorated with paper lanterns being hung from trees, fairy lights strung from branches, and music blaring through speakers.

"I didn't think that there would be such a turnout," Lucy says, holding onto Tim's arm.

"I'm only here 'cause you wanted to be here," Tim says, looking around.

"Mhm," Lucy smiles. "We can leave after we eat."

The two make their rounds, greeting their friends and introducing themselves to anyone who comes up to them.

"The UC worker, right?" one person said.

"Yes," Lucy smiled. "Kind of, I love patrol but UC has always been fun."

Another hour of making small talk with people they barely knew made Tim antsy.

"Lopez," Tim called, approaching her and Wesley, Lucy following.

Angela turned around, holding a plate full of desserts.

"You're eating all of that?" Tim asks.

"And?" Angela asks.

Tim shook his head, "Sorry I even asked."

"See?" Lucy smiles, turning to look up at Tim. "Never too much desserts."

~~~

A/N: the season seven announcement had me SCREAMING. literally so so excited that we get to see our favs back on screen again :) i might make a part two to this story because i feel like it could be so much longer ORRRR a chenford picnic date...leave suggestions for more stories!!