Rosalind (part one)

Tim and Lucy slept peacefully. Loosely intertwined underneath the covers. 

RING!

Lucy's phone blared. She groaned slowly as she rolled over to reach for her phone.

"Hello?" she answered groggily.

"Chen?" Grey says on the other end of the line.

"Sergeant Grey?" she responds, now sitting up.

"Is Bradford with you?"

"Um.." Lucy mutters, looking over at Tim who was now sitting up.

"Yeah," she says softly.

"You both need to come to the station A-S-A-P," Grey says. "Bring any important documents with you, passports, birth certificates, anything like that."

"Sergeant, what's going on?" Lucy asks.

"I'll explain when you get here. Bring at least a week's worth of clothes and instruct Tamara to do the same,"

"Yeah, okay,"

"I'll call Tim with the same instructions," he says before hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" Tim asks, watching Lucy dart up from the bed.

"Grey. You need to go home. Now. Grey will call you with further instructions," Lucy says, grabbing two duffle bags from the closet.

"What?" Tim says, standing up from the bed.

"You need to go. Now. Grey will call you," she says, running out of the room.

"Tamara?" she calls, opening the door to her bedroom.

She runs over to the bed to shake Tamara awake.

"Hm?" Tamara groans.

"Take this duffle bag and fill it with a week's worth of clothes, your passport, your birth certificate, your ID, any kind of important documents," says Lucy.

"What?" Tamara asks, taking the bag from Lucy.

"Just do what I say. Don't forget anything," Lucy says, running back to her room.

She heard Tim having a brief conversation on the phone as he walked out of the bedroom.

"See you at the station," he says to Lucy before walking out of the front door.

Lucy ran to the small safe in the back of her closet. She fished out her passport and birth certificate and tossed it into the duffle bag.

She reaches for an envelope filled to the brim with cash and her off-duty gun. She pulls out a small folder with house bills, bank statements, and her social security card.

Lucy tosses them all into the bottom of the duffle bag, then throws pieces of clothes over top.

"Tamara?" she calls. "Be ready to leave in five minutes,"

"Okay," Tamara calls back.

Lucy looked around her room, trying to remember if she had forgotten anything.

"Okay, I'm ready to go," Tamra says, peeking through the door.

"You have everything? Passport, birth certificate, social security card?" Lucy asks.

"Yes, Lucy. I have everything. I triple-checked," Tamara winks.

"Okay, we need to leave. Now," Lucy says.

She grabs her car and house keys on the way out of her apartment, locking the front door behind her.

"What is this all about? You and Tim wake up at 2 AM, Tim runs out of the apartment and suddenly we're now running around packing up clothes and important documents?" Tamara asks.