Waiting Room

Everything was fine. Their relationship was perfect until it wasn't.

The arguments were long and tiresome. After being shot at multiple times in one day, Lucy and Tim found themselves arguing more times than they could count.

"Seriously, Tim. You need to be more open with me!" Lucy would plead. 

Tim would slam his hands down on the counter, "I don't want to talk about it!"

"Then why are we even together if you can't be open with me?" Lucy would ask, tears pooling in her eyes.

Tim would bite down on his bottom lip and look anywhere else in the room but at her. As if looking at her would break him.

"I'm tired, Tim," Lucy would finally say. She would go into their bedroom, slamming the door shut, and Tim would sleep on the couch.

Except this time it was different. Lucy was tired.

With a shaky breath, she finally says, "I'm tired of  fighting with you all the time,"

Tim shook his head, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that I'm done, Tim," Lucy says, wiping the tears off of her face. "You clearly aren't ready to talk about anything to me. So I'm done."

"Done with what?"

"Done with you!" Lucy blurts out.

Tension filled the air. Neither of them dared to breathe.

"Lucy," Tim said softly.

"How do you expect me to be with you if you can't even talk to me about your life?" Lucy says. The lump in her throat began to grow.

Tim didn't reply. He just stared at her. He could feel the tears sparking in his eyes.

"I'm going to walk out that door," Lucy starts, looking at the front door. "And count to 10. If you're not out there I'm leaving. And we are done," Lucy says.

She brushes past him quickly, wiping the tears that were streaming down her face.

With each second that had passed, she could feel pieces of her heart chipping away. It was like everything was shattering around her.

Tim never came outside. Lucy had waited a lot longer than 10 seconds. She was hoping that by some miracle, Tim would come outside. Tim would beg her to stay. Tim would open up to her about his dad.

She wanted Tim to come outside and kiss away all of her tears. She wanted Tim to come outside so that she could apologize for being so mean.

She wanted Tim to come outside and say he was sorry. She wanted Tim to come outside and talk to her.

Tim stood at the counter, watching the security footage of the front door. He didn't dare to take his eyes off Lucy. He watched her for the whole hour that she stood out there.

He knew that she was waiting for him to come outside. He knew that he needed to apologize. He knew that he had messed things up.

He knew that he should've followed her outside.

But he knew that this was for the better. And deep down, really deep down, she did too.

Lucy turned to look at the camera. "I never grew up with you," she whispered. "And you're not my waiting room."

~~~

A/N: um hellooo!!! took a quick break from the rosalind stories to try something new!! if you couldn't tell, this story was inspired/based off of waiting room by phoebe bridgers. if you guys like this style please comment some songs that you would want a chenford story based off of! sorry this one was very depressing LOL. leave suggestions for more stories and the rosalind stories!!