The End: Lucy (6x06 SPOILER)

She felt so helpless.

She had been there for Tim. Always. 

And he just chose to walk away.

Nothing had made sense. 

Her whole drive home was silent beside her soft sniffles. She didn't bother to turn on the radio because she knew it would turn on her and Tim's favorite station by default.

She was thankful that Tamara wasn't home. yet. She didn't feel like talking about her day and explaining how Tim had broken up with her in the parking lot.

She threw down her work bag and grabbed a small box.

She marched into her room and began tossing all of Tim's things into the box.

She thought that she had gotten all of her tears out in the car, but she was wrong.

As she started to realize how many things of Tim's she had, the tears began flowing again.

His clothes, his toiletries, his pictures, and the little notes he would leave were all infiltrating her apartment.

There was so much of Tim around her apartment that it had started to feel like it was their apartment.

He was everywhere. He was like a spreading disease with no cure.

Every piece of jewelry, every gift, every little damn thing that Tim had ever given her was now tucked away in the back corner of her closet.

She took down all of their pictures and stashed them in her desk drawer.

Every little thing that reminded her of Tim hurt. The memories of Tim were weighing down on her.

She sat on her bed, looking around her room.

She needed to get new curtains. Those stupid curtains that she had gotten because Tim had loved them so much.

"I'm home," Tamara called.

Crap. Lucy thought.

"Lucy?" Tamara called, knocking on her bedroom door.

"I'm in here," Lucy replied, wiping her face.

"Hey," Tamara said, opening the door. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I don't want to talk about it,"

"Okay," Tamara says. "There's some pizza on the counter if you want."

"Thanks,"

"I'll just...be in my room," Tamara says before closing the door.

Lucy couldn't bring herself to explain this to Tamara.

She climbed under her blanket and shoved her face into the pillow.

Every time that she and Tim had ordered take out and watched TV until they fell asleep, every morning that Tim had woken up extra early to make her breakfast, every dinner at their favorite restaurant became distant memories of the relationship that she once had.

Her heart felt like it was missing.

As pathetic as it sounds, she didn't know what to do without Tim.

No more carpooling to work, no more spontaneous sleepovers, no more movie nights with him and Tamara.

No more of anything with Tim.

But tomorrow would be a new day. A day when she would have to put on a smiling face and pretend that everything was okay.

Pretend that her whole world didn't just come crashing down in a matter of minutes.

She should've seen this coming. She should've known better. 

She told Tim in the beginning that it wasn't worth risking their friendship.

But Tim disagreed. Tim convinced her that they would make it work.

He made her think that they really had a shot at being some amazing couple that you can only read about in books.

She felt so foolish. For thinking that this would last forever.

She knew that Tim had his baggage. She knew that Tim was emotionally closed off.

That when faced with adversity, he ran. Like a coward.

She thought that they were forever.

But she was wrong. This was the end.

~~~

A/N: um i'm kind of traumatized after tonights ep...chenford is relating a little too much to tolerate it and i miss you, i'm sorry...ANYWAY if you couldn't tell, this story was based on lucy's pov soooo the next part of this story will be from tim's! it is going to be a VERY long three weeks while we wait for a new episode 🥲 but in an attempt to fill this void in my heart i'll try to write only happy, pre-break up chenford stories so leave suggestions!!