The Trophy (6X03 SPOILER)

"I can't believe that I came in seventeenth," Lucy sighed, pouring more wine into her glass. "It's almost worse than coming in last."

Tim shrugged, "Not sure that theres a prize for last place, but there sure is one for seventeenth," he grinned, reaching for something behind the couch.

Lucy couldn't help but giggle. "A trophy?"

"For my seventeenth placed girl," Tim smiled, looking rather proud of himself.

Lucy held the trophy, looking down at the ugly 17. "You really thought that I was going to get first?"

"Of course I did," Tim nodded.

Lucy sighed, "I'm sorry to have disapointed you,"

Tim scoffed, "Like you could."

Lucy gave him a soft smile, "Maybe I should look at other careers. Like Metro..." she said with a sly grin.

Tim had no response for her. He looked a bit distraught.

"I'm kidding," Lucy giggled.

"Oh thank god," Tim sighed, reaching for the wine.

"I guess I better get good at waiting around," Lucy said, reaching for her glass of wine.

"Well, it just means that you get to ride out on patrol with me until you do become a detective,"

"If  I ever become a detective,"

"You will. You just have to be patient,"

Lucy sighed, "I am going to put this little thing up in my room,"

Tim raised an eyebrow, "That trophy?"

"Mhm," Lucy smiled.

"Have you never won a trophy in your life?"

"I have...a participation trophy."

"Lucy, no offense, but that trophy was from the dollar tree,"

"Yeah, but it was from my boyfriend, which makes it a hundred times more expensive," she says, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek as she passes by.

~~~

A/N: HELLOOO sorry this one is so short lol even though we were FED in this ep i had nothing come to mind for this story. i almost named it 17th place but i thought that might've been too much of a spoiler lol. ALSO I WAS JAW DROPPED AT WHAT LUCY SAID WHEN TIM WENT INTO THE SHOWER. ok also i wanted to give lucy a big hug when she saw the list OR have seen tim come up behind her and give her a big hug. ok im done yapping now leave suggestions for more stories BYEEEE