The Proposal (Future Series 3)

It had been a normal date.

Tim had taken Lucy to the same restaurant as their first date. Though, Tim liked to think that their "first date" didn't count because it had been crashed.

"We've been here so many times and the food is always just as good as the first time we ate here," said Lucy, sipping her wine.

Tim chuckled, "You order the same thing every time,"

"Which is why I'm qualified to say that the food tastes the same every time,"

Tim shook his head, chuckling.

"So, um? Lucy," started Tim, "I have something to ask you,"

Lucy put down her fork, "Yeah?"

Tim opened his mouth but no words came out. He stared at Lucy.

She was wearing the dress that she had just bought. It was cream white and hugged her body in all of the right places.

Tim remembered how they had been in the same store for an hour as she kept trying on different pieces of clothing before deciding that this dress was the one.

Lucy had her hair down and curled. Her front pieces were clipped back with bobby pins.

Lucy had worn red lipstick for this date. Lucy usually liked to keep it casual but their three year anniversary was anything but casual.

Lucy raised an eyebrow, "Are you going to ask me something or just stare at me for the rest of dinner?" she giggled.

"I-" Tim started.

The doors of the restaurant burst open.

"LAPD, everyone out!" the men shouted.

Soon, after everyone had cleared out, Angela appeared.

"Sorry to crash your date for the second time, but we got a credible tip that someone was laundering money in the kitchen,"

Tim put his hands on his hips, "You could've at least given me a heads-up text,"

"Oh were you about to-" Angela stopped in her tracks and covered her mouth. "I think Grey needs me," she says, hurrying off in the opposite direction.

"You are about to what?" asked Lucy.

"Nothing," said Tim. "I'm going to see if Grey needs help,"

"Yeah, I'll uh, come too," said Lucy, trailing behind Tim.

After what felt like hours, but what was only 30 minutes, they were getting ready to leave.

The two were leaning against Tim's truck as they watched the flashing lights against the restaurant's walls.

"This was an unforgettable third anniversary," said Lucy.

"Has to be a sign that our dates have been crashed at the same restaurant on the exact same dates just years apart," Tim remarked.

Lucy smirked, "I think we need to find a new restaurant,"

"Lucy?" Tim said, turning to face Lucy.

"Yeah?" she said, shifting her body to face Tim.

"Will you marry me?" he spat out so fast that it came out sounding like one long word.

"What?" Lucy said, tilting her head closer to Tim.

Except Lucy knew exactly what Tim said, she just wanted to hear him ask her again.

Tim took a deep breath, "Will you marry me?"

"Hmm," Lucy said, pretending to think, tapping her finger on her chin, "I guess so,"

Tim scoffed as he pulled a small box out of his back pocket.

Lucy gasped softly, "Is this what Lopez was talking about earlier?"

Tim smirked as he opened the box, revealing a ring with a band that looked like twisted vines and a small diamond.

"Yes," Lucy whispered. Tim pulled the ring out of the box and slid it onto Lucy's left ring finger in one smooth motion.

Lucy began to lean in for a kiss before Tim stopped her.

"Wait," he said, putting a finger up.

He typed a few things into his phone before tucking it into his pocket.

Before she could even blink, Lucy was pulled into a kiss.

"Woohoo!!!" Angela exclaimed, coming around from a corner. "Tim Bradford finally had the balls to ask you,"

Lucy let out a laugh, "What do you mean?"

"Oh man, he's been planning this for months, he was so worried that you'd say no," she said, shaking her head laughing.

"I mean," Angela started again, "This wasn't the original plan, he was gonna ask you in the restaurant but, you know,"

Lucy laughed, grabbing Tim's fingers.

Angela smirked, "Have fun Mr. and Mrs. Bradford,"

~~~

A/N: i think it goes without saying that this story was supposed to go before the Ellie one 😅 i honestly didn't know how to write a chenford proposal but i knew that it definitely would've been anything but normal. leave suggestions for more stories!!