The Plan (Future Series 4)

"What about a summer wedding?" Lucy suggested, climbing into bed.

She snuggled under the duvet, "Or what about winter? The weather will be nice,"

"Too hot during the summer," Tim says, scrolling on his phone.

"Well, we don't have to get married in L.A.,"

"Destination weddings are impractical. It's too expensive and half of our guest list probably won't be able to make it,"

"Fine, when do you think we should get married?" asked Lucy, propping her head in her hands.

"Fall. Far enough from the holidays so we can take off of work for a honeymoon without worrying about the lack of people at the station. And the colors are nice,"

"Tim Bradford thinking about the fall colors? Who have you turned into?" Lucy teased.

"Fall colors seem like something that you'd be into," Tim shrugged, placing his phone on the nightstand.

"Don't forget, we have cake tasting with the wedding planner tomorrow at 2," said Lucy.

"My third ever cake tasting,"

Lucy raised an eyebrow, "Third? How many times have you been married?"

"I was helping Angela," Tim shrugged.

Lucy smiled at him, "Have you thought about who your best man and groomsmen will be?"

Tim shook his head, "Bridesmaids and maid of honor?"

Lucy shifted to lie down on her stomach, "I have given it thought actually," she says. "I was thinking about my best friend from high school,"

"You still have the same best friend from high school?" asked Tim.

"Well, we definitely aren't as close as we used to be," Lucy admits. "But I was in her wedding as her maid of honor and we still text,"

"How come you've never mentioned her before?"

"Well I mean-- She's never come up in a conversation between us,"

"Mm," Tim says, scooting closer to Lucy.

"Hey, would it be weird if I asked Rachel to be one of my bridesmaids? Since you guys...you know..dated?"

Tim shook his head, "You guys were friends before we dated,"

Lucy smiled up at Tim. "I mean, it's no guarantee that she'll say yes, but I just wanted to make sure that you didn't think it was weird,"

"I don't think it's weird," Tim assured Lucy. "I'm going to sleep,"

"Good night," Lucy says, scooting closer to Tim.

~~~

"Try the vanilla," the wedding planner says.

Tim and Lucy both shove a piece of cake into their mouths.

"Mmh that is so good," Lucy groans, covering her mouth with her hand.

"Not a fan," Tim says, swallowing.

"What? Do you not like vanilla or something?" Lucy asks, putting her fork down.

"Too plain," said Tim.

"There is also a French vanilla and yellow cake. Or we can go in a completely different route and try some chocolate," the planner suggests.

"Isn't French vanilla just another variation of vanilla? And what even is yellow cake?"

Lucy rolls her eyes, "French vanilla and normal vanilla are totally different. Yellow cake is basically vanilla,"

"So what's the point of having yellow cake and vanilla if they're the same?"

"We'll try the chocolate," Lucy says, turning to the wedding planner.

She reaches for the plate and holds it out for Tim.

"I'm not a fan of chocolate either," he says, waving her off.

"Then what do you like?" Lucy says, putting the plate back down, "And don't say red velvet,"

"What's wrong with red velvet?"

"It's basically chocolate,"

"Then what is the point of red velvet?"

"Never mind," said Lucy. "What cake do you like?"

"Carrot cake,"

"Ugh, seriously? You like a cake with vegetables in it?" Lucy groans.

"I get my daily vegetable intake just by eating it,"

"That isn't how that works—"

"—We could do a mixed cake," the planner suggests. "One tier could be Tim's pick and the other could be yours, Lucy,"

Lucy turns to face Tim, "Sounds good to me,"

Tim shrugged, "Sounds perfect,"

"Great," the planner smiled, "Carrot cake and..?"

"Vanilla," Lucy says.

"Boring," Tim mutters.

"Excuse me, Mr. I-Like-Vegetables-In-My-Dessert's, you have no right to comment,"

The wedding planner smiled, "I'll see myself out now. Don't forget that we need to talk about the theme,"

"We will be in touch," Lucy smiled.

~~~

A/N: hii!! more wedding planning parts coming soon!! leave suggestions for more stories!