darkness

"some say the remains of sundom pack is still scattered across the borders of darkness." monjay said and the children hugged each other in fear.

"legendary they became," monjay whispered, moving his fingers around, "some say death lurks in the shadows, watching each and every one of you, waiting for you to slip up so that you can reach your end."

the children screamed in fear.

"some says, she passed. some says, she lives."

"i say she's dead, dried and rotten by now." bethany cuts in as she walked into the tent where monjay sat down with the children.

he rolled his eyes and clapped.

the children quickly scrambled and monjay opened his arms towards bethany and she walked into his arms, hugging him.

monjay and bethany shared a loving bond.

they've been best friends from the womb.

"you just had to come and ruin it, didn't you?" monjay shook his head disapprovingly and bethany laughed.

"you know better than to fill their heads with foolish stories. death is something that happens when someone's heart stops beating. death isn't someone."

"that is her name!"

"no one names their child 'death'. that's just stupidity." bethany said and monjay rolled his eyes.

"do you ever pay attention in history? that's not her name. she got that name because of her ferocious and amazing killing ways, picking her victims bone by bone, nail by nail, teeth by teeth, bit by bit."

bethany stared at monjay in disgust.

"you truly are sick. you're the only one who finds her killing ways amazing - if she even even exists."

"she has fans out there who would die to meet her."

bethany rolled her eyes, "they should, if they want to meet death." she said mockingly.

"enough of this foolishness, alpha needs you at the pack house. he says we're having visitors today and he needs you to be the chef because you cook amazing," bethany reported and monjay clapped excitedly.

"yes! someone who needs me, finally!"

bethany rolled her eyes once more. the action didn't go unnoticed by monjay.

"i hope you find a brain back there honestly." he chirped.

"shut up and just go," bethany pushed him the direction of the pack house and monjay stopped walking once he realized his best friend isn't coming with him.

"wait, where are you going?"

"on a run." bethany said and monjay nodded, "i'll see you after you finish with what you're doing."

monjay nodded.

"yes, ma'am."

bethany smiled and waved bye to her best friend and went in the direction of the forest. she ran off, shifting mid air as jumped, landing on her paws.

her big white wolf sped off into the depths of the forest, the cool air blowing through her fur.

bethany was told that she was a special wolf because white wolves are rare. the elder of the pack told her that she was of great importance and she's going to make history. bethany doesn't sees it, because she hardly leaves the pack and she's just the beta's daughter. surely, she was going to be wed to a plain man or woman, no one of great importance.

what history could she possibly make?

bethany stopped running once she arrived at the pack's pond and dipped her mouth in the water to get a sip.

suddenly, the sky started to get dark and the place began to get dark.

bethany felt eyes on her and she looked up from the pond, using her scent to sniff out the intruder but came back with nothing.

except...

a husky scent.

mixture of the forest and... darkness, doom.

mate! mate! mate! her wolf yipped and bethany piped up at that.

she saw a figure.

one dressed in black.

the cape covered their face.

bethany could tell that they were looking at her because the person's face was in her direction.

bethany started jogging towards the figure but it took two steps back. bethany stopped.

she motioned for the person to come towards her but they refused.

bethany said f it and started to move towards her mate but they only stepped back causing bethany to feel hurt but she didn't stop.

the figure started retreating back to the darkness but bethany still chased after them.

"stay away." she heard the faint whisper said.

bethany whimpered as she could no longer smell nor see her mate. her wolf whined as she looked around to try and sniff out her scent but there was nothing.

the skies started to clear up and bethany's wolf sat down and held her head up to the sky, letting out a painfully long howl.

bethany let out a series of long, sad howls, whimpering and whining.

after a while, a howl from a distance came back.

'that's mate!'

bethany howled back to get another howl but there was silence.

she decided to give up and head back to the pack house, whining on the way like a wolf who was injured.

if my mate didn't want to accept me, then they can go to hell.

-

what do you guys think so far!